Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It's worth pointing out that the most successful films in Japan (Spirited Away, Titanic, Howl's and now Frozen) have female protagonists.

I just realized that. Princess Mononoke also have female protagonist. And I think we can say that all of those protagonists are actually one of the main characters or even the main characters on the films. Very interesting.

Female protagonists, huh? Yet another reason the Star Wars sequel trilogy should have followed the story of Jaina Solo and demise of Darth Caedus, or even Mara Jade. Would've been huge everywhere, but likely especially Japan.Sorry, back on topic: Frozen. In Japan. ;)

• Like 1

Bad news. It's not official yet, but it looks like the DVD/BluRay for Frozen will be released on July 16 in Japan. If that's true, then we can kiss $300m goodbye :(. I was so sure that the DVD wouldn't come out until later this year, just like other leggy movies. Oh Disney... I just hope this announcement is wrong.

Posted Image

Bad news. It's not official yet, but it looks like the DVD/BluRay for Frozen will be released on July 16 in Japan. If that's true, then we can kiss $300m goodbye :(. I was so sure that the DVD wouldn't come out until later this year, just like other leggy movies. Oh Disney... I just hope this announcement is wrong.

Posted Image

On Amazon.co.jp Japanese version is not yet in presale, they have only the english version.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8A%E3%81%A8%E9%9B%AA%E3%81%AE%E5%A5%B3%E7%8E%8B+dvd&rh=n%3A561958%2Ck%3A%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8A%E3%81%A8%E9%9B%AA%E3%81%AE%E5%A5%B3%E7%8E%8B+dvd

I guess disney are more concerned about making all the money they can while the iron's hot rather than setting box office records. I mean the same thing happened in the domestic market too seems to be a market strategy of theirs.

• Like 1

Posted Image

it's not DVD/Blu-ray. It's VOD ad.

Ah, Sorry. MovieNex is Blu-ray with Digital Copy.

Edited by newberry
  • Like 1

http://myschoolholid...se-School-15161

These are holidays for Japanese School, 87 Creffield Road, Acton, London, not for Japan!

In Japan:

State/Public Schools

The school year is the same as the fiscal year in Japan, beginning on 1 April and ending on 31 March. There are three terms in the school year with a break in between each term:

Summer holiday - from the end of July until the end of August (usually 30-40 days)   Winter holiday - from the end of December to the beginning of January (usually two weeks)   Spring holiday - from the end of March to the beginning of April (usually two weeks)

The moral lesson is not to always trust Goolge with the first result it presents.

Here is something bizarre. It requires two big ifs. Right now the dollar is breaking key support, down 1%. 80k bump for the weekend.If the dollar breaks down again and the yen returns to its all time highs by the end of the year to 76 and...If frozen gets to 400mWith the way subers calculates international BO by using the most recent exchange rate for the entire run. It would come to $533m.The Avengers WW would be surpassed on BOM. Lol

Just because Subers calculates the gross in a wrong way doesn't mean Disney does that too. Subers uses the total gross reported by Disney for overall OS gross, not what he would get if he added up all the individual country grosses as he calculated them.

Edited by Quigley