Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1.82m Mon +80% Schools were out.0.72m Tue -20% Edumacated guess w/o toho1.75m Wed -5%0.80m Thu +2% after reducing last thu 109 discount5.09m Midweek. Will be close to flat from last week12.5-13m week looking likely. Flat week over week possible199.37m Total. Last weeks total 19.84b ÷ 102.12y(ave rate for run) = 194.3020.36b yen824.4m OS total. This should be close to screen daily report tomorrow193.7 sun studio estimate- 600k short. 818.7 sun OS estimate819.3 was OS actual then. Lets see if we can get kosher w screendaily on thursday.Projected Range based on forward est weekend 6.6-7m290m Certain---- 12x this weekend is the floor350m Likely------ 20x My gut here says :locked2: HP7.2 #4WW beat380m Possible--- 25x E.T. beaten first run410m AAIFP- 30x Within the realm of possibility; in play; Holy shit batman i did lay an egg! Never say never; all of the above! DOM beatThats about it for now. No more lock raising until mid summer, however, the floor and ceiling could rise. It can have few decent declines but I think we are seeing something unprecedented and it will hold 90-95% many of the weeks and take it deep into the 300s.

Edited by T E Lawrence
  • Like 3

I really hope all these predictions come true, but it will only take ONE SINGLE FILM that will overperform in the next 2 months to ruin everything. It's a lot to hope for.

Even if Frozen ends up lower than these predictions, nothing is ruined for me. They are just for fun :D. Of course, it would be really great if they're right, but at this point I will be happy with whatever number Frozen will give us in the end. Except if it ends up with 30.3b yen or something. That would be disappointing lol. But seriously, the only way I would be disappointed is if Disney releases the DVD too early. So just relax and enjoy the ride. :)

;

I really hope all these predictions come true,This 3 it will only take ONE SINGLE FILM that will overperform in the next 2 months to ruin everything. It's a lot to hope for.

It had to go up against popular sequels, RB2, spidey and conan which grossed over 13m the weekend before GW. Combined those three targeted children, young adults and women. It wasn't affected at all. Others will come and go down the road, but it would take a huge WOM movie to take the media buzz away and kill the momentum. Very unlikely.

So just relax and enjoy the ride. :)

I don't think "relax" is in Quigley's and Omni's vocabulary. :) Edited by T E Lawrence

Well, it seems BD/DVD release on 7/16 is TRUE.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00DTLG7MC/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00KFC0GWA/

If  Amazon isn't joking, then time to say goodbye to 300, to SA, and to HP WW.

In the same week (18th in release) new Sudio Ghibli movie Memories of Marnie and  Pokemon opens, probably not a coincidence.

In the same week (18th in release) new Sudio Ghibli movie Memories of Marnie and  Pokemon opens, probably not a coincidence.

So that Disney could say that :" I, myself, ended my 1st run, not Ghibli ! " :huh:

And now Titanic's ¥26.2b becomes a stretch. ¥25b still seems reasonable. Do successful films sometimes continue playing in theaters there (however limited it may be) after the home video release? Or is this nearly as unprecedented as the US Blu release was in terms of shooting itself in the foot?

Edited by Ray

It is really weird that a sucessful movie like frozen which is making tons of money, it will have a dvd release so early, especially in japan where they normally wait until the movie is out of the theaters. I dont see any detective conan dvd announced yet, so why frozen? I dont get it! why doesnt Disney take things easy? Damn it!! they are crazy!! and I am mad!! very mad!! 

Edited by Queen Elsa Arendelle
  • Like 2

Aw man, my biggest fear became reality. This sucks so bad. :(

I checked, and Mid-July is actually when the DVD for Disney animations are usually released: Wreck-It Ralph (7/17), Tangled (7/20), The Princess and The Frog (7/14). It's not a coincidence, but I don't think it has anything to do with Ghibli. That week is the first week of summer holiday in Japan. Disney and Ghibli both are merely taking advantage of it.