JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

2021 Highest Grossing Film in 🗾 Japan:

1️⃣ Evangelion 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time : ¥10.28B

2️⃣ Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet : ¥7.55B

3️⃣ Belle : ¥6.53B

4️⃣ Tokyo Revengers : ¥4.47B

5️⃣ Rurouni Kenshin: The Final : ¥4.35B

Evangelion may/might another ¥10M from recent 4DX release at United Cinemas. Therefore, cumulative is expected to pass ¥10.29B or it's a safe bid to say ¥10.3B Finals.

On the other hand, Demon Slayer Mugen Train is assumed to pass ¥40.43B from all recent IMAX &4DX screening. However, I am holding my excitement until Toho publish their 2021 Annual BO Report. Combining all those DVDs/BDs and digital &TV broadcast has believe to have pass $900M but felt short of Spirited Away's $2000M combined revenue in all media's.

Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet had the Biggest OW below Demon Slayer as per local release but CoVid-19 &Prefectures lock out has drastically affected it's leg. The 2021 Detective Conan has been delayed to 2022 release. And is expected to break ¥10B, first time for the entire Conan Series.

It's official now. Demon Slayer Mugen broke ¥40.43B, Eva made ¥10.28B, Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet made ¥7.65B !!!!!! Big Celebration 🎉🎉🎉

Link : http://www.kogyotsushin.com/archives/alltime/

Edited by Issac Newton

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Demon Slayer received 3-days limited release in Italy (17-19/01/2022)

Source; Dynit

Yeah don't tell me, here in Italy we are all angry with Dynit. They could have released it in July but in the end they decided to give the exclusive to Amazon Prime (and the film is still on the platform), then the first part of the second season has already shown everything that happens in the film. So at the end it won't gross almost anything, and probably only the most "obstinate" fans will go to see it...

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yeah don't tell me, here in Italy we are all angry with Dynit. They could have released it in July but in the end they decided to give the exclusive to Amazon Prime (and the film is still on the platform), then the first part of the second season has already shown everything that happens in the film. So at the end it won't gross almost anything, and probably only the most "obstinate" fans will go to see it...

I am sorry that overseas fans, especially my Italian companions has undergone such scenario. Distributor at Japan, Toho had asked them about this terrible step. But, Dynit, replied that releasing it alongside with Black Widow and considering CoVid-19 has obliged them to licence copy to Amazon Prime. 

However, can you confirm any official dubbing of film in Italian? Because, Korean fans are sadden when Aniplex at Korea rejected to dub the film in Korean.

Japanese Work Released in China after three years blockage that started after release of Ultraman (2012) and end on 2015 with release of STAND BY ME Doraemon in 2015. The Chart represent release of Japanese Work since 2015. However, some release of 2021 has not been added because it's still playing in some theatres.

E5r5-GV2-Uc-AAPm-Db.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

How much is the buzz in Japan now for NWH? (from internet, tv, media,...Do you think people there in general care about it much? )

Not much now. Because Beach &SPY X FAMILY is trending since last three days due to their anime adaptation &AIR dates. However, some bid are observed whether T&A are present or not for people avoiding spoilers. It will be back to trend after starting of new year 2022, more like 3-4 days before release when trackers will be able to track its pre-sales well. Other than that Some Japanese trackers are talking about its OW, that's all happening these days. The Biggest Trends in last 3-days, is Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 which is expected to achieve the second biggest 3-days OW after Demon Slayer, because it is already selling out in major buiest screens.

Edited by Issac Newton

11 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I am sorry that overseas fans, especially my Italian companions has undergone such scenario. Distributor at Japan, Toho had asked them about this terrible step. But, Dynit, replied that releasing it alongside with Black Widow and considering CoVid-19 has obliged them to licence copy to Amazon Prime. 

However, can you confirm any official dubbing of film in Italian? Because, Korean fans are sadden when Aniplex at Korea rejected to dub the film in Korean.

Yeah at least here it will be dubbed 

• Thanks 1

🇹🇭 Thailand Box Office (Until 12/12)

Only Bangkok Figures

3. Detective Conan The Scarlet Bullet : ฿4.84M (OW)

4. Sword Art Online Progressive The Movie Aria of Starless Night : ฿2.74M (OW)

Thursday Update:

DC: TSB decrease by 85% or ฿200K for a total of ฿6.16M, passing it's compilation film "Alibi" : ฿5.7M, to become the second highest grossing Japanese Anime Film below Stand by Me 2 Doraemon. SAO cumulative reached ฿3.65M after adding ฿80K.

Total for Tokyo Revengers : ฿1M

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

One last PV! A true Masterpiece 🤗

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

I wonder, why Naruto so popular and well-known around the world, but the manga doesn't have the effect of Demon slayer on box office

Both Naruto and Demon Slayer are of different Timeline. There are also some geography difference in popularity. Naruto is heavily popular in India and Russia. While My Hero Academia, Eva and Chainsaw Man are popular in US. LATAM loves Dragon Ball &One Piece while Europe enjoy a lot from Masterpiece of Masoda, Miyazaki, Shinkai and Hina.

Demon Slayer is an social and global phenomenon for every Japanese Citizens. It has defeated the 18 years biggest OP of Matrix Reloaded. On the other hand, the anime has a lot of relation with my historical books and facts. Demon Slayer was such a big phenomenon that it encourage people to visit theatres &not to be afraid of CoVid-19. It can not be compared with any of the hype film whether it's local or foreign films. Indeed, this record can never be defeated when Japan is facing ageing population along with decline birthrates.

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Both Naruto and Demon Slayer are of different Timeline. There are also some geography difference in popularity. Naruto is heavily popular in India and Russia. While My Hero Academia, Eva and Chainsaw Man are popular in US. LATAM loves Dragon Ball &One Piece while Europe enjoy a lot from Masterpiece of Masoda, Miyazaki, Shinkai and Hina.

Demon Slayer is an social and global phenomenon for every Japanese Citizens. It has defeated the 18 years biggest OP of Matrix Reloaded. On the other hand, the anime has a lot of relation with my historical books and facts. Demon Slayer was such a big phenomenon that it encourage people to visit theatres &not to be afraid of CoVid-19. It can not be compared with any of the hype film whether it's local or foreign films. Indeed, this record can never be defeated when Japan is facing ageing population along with decline birthrates.

Well,I think Naruto is popular in the entire world,not just single country

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Well,I think Naruto is popular in the entire world,not just single country

I wouldn't disagree but when ever, if happened to talk with Russian and Indian, We will definitely hear about Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach, Death Note, Naruto and finally One Punch Man...