Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The last movie had a considerable drop, that makes me afraid of thinking of anything higher than ¥4B. Also, much delayed (difference in 2003 &2021). It will run alongside with Boss Baby 2, also will lose some 45%-55% by second weekend because of Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0

It's the same time difference as Spiderman 3 and Spiderman No Way Home. If that's getting a nostalgia boost, I dont see why this won't. 

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's the same time difference as Spiderman 3 and Spiderman No Way Home. If that's getting a nostalgia boost, I dont see why this won't. 

Matrix 3 had very bad reception and disappointed delay in franchise of Matrix Resurrection has already erased many fan memories. One thing to be noted i.e. unlike Matrix, Spiderman has two reboot films (Amazing Spiderman Franchise) then Spider Verse and also the previous two MCU Spiderman film which has kept fanbase alive for future crossover which is already happening in NWH.

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Matrix 3 had very bad reception and disappointed delay in franchise of Matrix Resurrection has already erased many fan memories. One thing to be noted i.e. unlike Matrix, Spiderman has two reboot films (Amazing Spiderman Franchise) then Spider Verse and also the previous two MCU Spiderman film which has kept fanbase alive for future crossover which is already happening in NWH.

We can keep making theories and assumptions about this, but I was hoping to know if there is some actual presales data or something quantitative like that.

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

We can keep making theories and assumptions about this, but I was hoping to know if there is some actual presales data or something quantitative like that.

If Matrix Resurrection was actually outgrossing Pre-sales of Matrix 3, then we would have known it's % for comparison but there isn't an any data of pre-sale for films releasing before 2004, &since 2010, Eiren rule out not to include previews numbers to weekend gross. So, there isn't any figure for pre-sales, which will only appear one day before opening.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Thanks 1

New Shinkai Movie planned for Fall 2022 release.

• Like 1

2022 Biggest Japanese Films

(as expecting/ not a BO Forecast)

→ Suzume no Tojimari (¥15B /¥20B /¥25B)

→ Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (¥10B /¥15B /¥20B)

→ Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween Night (¥10B /¥15B)

→ Shin Ultraman (¥5B /¥10B)

→ One Piece Red (¥5B /¥10B)

→ Doraemon 2021 (¥3B /¥5B)

→ Dragon Ball: Super Heroes (¥3B /¥5B)

→ Pokemon 2022 (~¥3B)

→ Shinchan 2022 (~¥2B)

→ SAO: Progressive 2022 (~¥2B)

18 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

2022 Biggest Japanese Films

(as expecting/ not a BO Forecast)

→ Suzume no Tojimari (¥15B /¥20B /¥25B)

→ Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (¥10B /¥15B /¥20B)

→ Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween Night (¥10B /¥15B)

→ Shin Ultraman (¥5B /¥10B)

→ One Piece Red (¥5B /¥10B)

→ Doraemon 2021 (¥3B /¥5B)

→ Dragon Ball: Super Heroes (¥3B /¥5B)

→ Pokemon 2022 (~¥3B)

→ Shinchan 2022 (~¥2B)

→ SAO: Progressive 2022 (~¥2B)

I'd be surprised if Suzume no Tojimari goes as high as 15bn, especially if it isn't a substantial improvement on Weathering With You

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'd be surprised if Suzume no Tojimari goes as high as 15bn, especially if it isn't a substantial improvement on Weathering With You

Weathering With You's production time was less than three months &storyboard so much similarity with Your Name.. And despite of Bigger OW than Your Name, Weathering With You failed to attract legs. I hope his movie would attract legs this time.

Edited by Issac Newton

7 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Suzume is the name of that door?

The story of "Suzume's Locking-Up" begins when a 17-year-old girl, Suzume, who lives in a quiet town in Kyushu, meets a traveling young man who is looking for a "door." Following him, Suzume discovers an old door in the ruins of the mountains. Suzume reaches for the door so that she can be drawn to something ... Set in the ruins of various parts of Japan, this road movie depicts the liberation and growth of Suzume, who closes the "door" that causes disaster.....

Suzume is the name of the girl...

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

TOHO Shinjuku (Matrix Resurrections SUB)

Midnight Screenings

Screen 10 /IMAX /24:00-26:40 JST

Total Booking : 189 /311+2 (60.57% sold)

Screen 9 /Dolby Atmos /25:00-27:40 JST : 

Total Booking 39 /499+2 (7.81% sold)

I check some regions, it doing pretty low for OD (12/17) less than 15% or even 5% advance booking in maximum region, so weekend is likely to be between ¥200M-¥300M. I do not know if sales spikes at last minute. Will be updating as frequent as I can.

IMAX looks better than Dolby. MX4D same as Dolby low, 6/10 tickets in average show &less than 10% occupancy

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

TOHO Shinjuku (Matrix Resurrections SUB)

Midnight Screenings

Screen 10 /IMAX /24:00-26:40 JST

Total Booking : 189 /312+2 (60.57% sold)

Screen 9 /Dolby Atmos /25:00-27:40 JST : 

Total Booking 39 /499+2 (7.81% sold)

I check some regions, it doing pretty low for OD (12/17) less than 15% or even 5% advance booking in maximum region, so weekend is likely to be between ¥200M-¥300M. I do not know if sales spikes at last minute. Will be updating as frequent as I can.

IMAX looks better than Dolby. MX4D same as Dolby low, 6/10 tickets in average show &less than 10% occupancy

Weird question, but why does Japan go beyond a 24hr clock?