Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 minute ago, nerves said:

It bombed because Sonic 1 was released on June 2020 where the whole country is on lockdown 

When you're debuting in 6th place and people are more interested in watching re-releases than your film, I'm pretty sure your film is a bomb man. More people watched Spirited Away's, Princess Mononoke's and Nausica's re-releases plus freaking dolittle's second weekend than Sonic that week lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

09:00 START

42,667 - SAT

I guess that means ~55-60k start with AEON at 9PM, that is huge. JJK0 OD was 101k at 10AM, I think OP is trending for 70k which is probably about the same acc for lack of AEON. Let's see if it keeps up.

Edited by JustLurking

19 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

On an individual volume basis, Demon Slayer was (and is) much bigger than OP in Japan. That's why it opened so much bigger and why it managed to spillover into the mainstream which actually gave it legs on top of it.

As for OP movies not doing great, that definitely isn't true. As far as franchise films go, OP films tend to do quite well, they open strong but they don't have great legs, it's usually just 4.5-5 multipliers which is low in JP.

That makes Japan one of the leggiest county or maybe even the number 1 but MOM performance in Japan is so funny🤣 it didnt even get a 2x multiplier

10 minutes ago, nerves said:

It bombed because Sonic 1 was released on June 2020 where the whole country is on lockdown  so Sonic 2 may do great now

Not really, as pointed out by JL. Even if does a bit better than I can't see more ¥500M. More over why would it increases?

That's why I pretty much happy that it exceeds $400M WW without Japan &China, as one market doesn't care much while other approved for release but doesn't have a date.

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

When you're debuting in 6th place and people are more interested in watching re-releases than your film, I'm pretty sure your film is a bomb man. More people watched Spirited Away's, Princess Mononoke's and Nausica's re-releases plus freaking dolittle's second weekend than Sonic that week lol.

Oh I guess they just dont like Sonic Movies ,thats sad😔

4 minutes ago, nerves said:

That makes Japan one of the leggiest county or maybe even the number 1 but MOM performance in Japan is so funny🤣 it didnt even get a 2x multiplier

MOM opened on wednesday and during one of the biggest holidays of the year (Golden Week), I think you are using the whole wed-sun period as OW for it which doesn't make much sense. Though MCU films do have some of the worst multipliers in Japan.

Edited by JustLurking

2 minutes ago, nerves said:

OW wise it didn't reached 2x but OP (SAT-SUN) - 6.28x 

Multiple here are counted in Opening Weekend (SAT-SUN) frame not in Opening Week frame.

Though, it really bomb so bad....

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

MOM opened on wednesday and during one of the biggest holidays of the year (Golden Week), I think you are using the whole wed-sun period as OW for it which doesn't make much sense.

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

How much MOM did in Fri-Sun?

I checked Box Office Mojo and The numbers they both have $9 million OW for MOM

Edited by nerves

2 minutes ago, nerves said:

How much MOM did in Fri-Sun?

I checked Box Office Mojo and The numbers they both have $9 million OW for MOM

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness

OD : ¥x,430,135,780 / 308,623 attendees

OP : ¥x,343,760,000 / 208,797 attendees

OW: ¥1,213,385,750 / 788,537 attendees

Weekend start from SAT not FRI

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness

OD : ¥x,430,135,780 / 308,623 attendees

OP : ¥x,343,760,000 / 208,797 attendees

OW: ¥1,213,385,750 / 788,537 attendees

Weekend start from SAT not FRI

MOM's performance in Japan is the same to JWD's performance in SK

31 minutes ago, nerves said:

Oh I guess they just dont like Sonic Movies ,thats sad😔

I think they just don't really like Sonic in general. The games barely chart over there and the third season of the anime was a rare case of an anime airing on tv in the west but not in Japan itself.

• Like 1

ONE PIECE FRANCHISE

ONE PIECE: STAMPEDE 

TOTAL/AEON/T-A - DAY

191,730/48,597/143,133 - SAT

203,404/53,476/149,928 - SUN

SAT PRE-SALES - 45,857 (163 locs) / 1,038 shows

ONE PIECE: GOLD

TOTAL/AEON/T-A - DAY

286,726/72,524/214,202 - SAT

207,464/55,929/151,535 - SUN

SAT PRE-SALES - 114,570 (148 locs) / 1,522 shows