Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

2 hours ago, nerves said:

One Piece is the best manga of all time but its movies isnt great at box office

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

On an individual volume basis, Demon Slayer was (and is) much bigger than OP in Japan. That's why it opened so much bigger and why it managed to spillover into the mainstream which actually gave it legs on top of it.

As for OP movies not doing great, that definitely isn't true. As far as franchise films go, OP films tend to do quite well, they open strong but they don't have great legs, it's usually just 4.5-5 multipliers which is low in JP.

You aren't wrong but you aren't right either.

Demon Slayer is a completed manga and that means much more than you think. 

There has never been a single One Piece movie that was part of ongoing One Piece MANGA and that's a huge deal-breaker for me. I have been following One Piece from 2003 and have only watched single OP movie. 

If they really decided to go away from Weekly Anime production which has been going on for 20+ years and make a movie out of it's final Few Arcs, It will certainly break few records even if it won't come close to DS.

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

You aren't wrong but you aren't right either.

Demon Slayer is a completed manga and that means much more than you think. 

There has never been a single One Piece movie that was part of ongoing One Piece MANGA and that's a huge deal-breaker for me. I have been following One Piece from 2003 and have only watched single OP movie. 

If they really decided to go away from Weekly Anime production which has been going on for 20+ years and make a movie out of it's final Few Arcs, It will certainly break few records even if it won't come close to DS.

That's a contradiction - how can it break records without coming close to DS if DS holds just about every record? :P

Anyway, completed or not isn't that important here. Even if you take out the dilution from OP DS just peaked way too high for it, not to mention even if you discarded the manga and looked at the anime alone, DS' latest season got 2-3 times the live ratings of OP while airing at 11PM. If you look at the combined ratings (live+recording) we're looking more like 4x. And the streaming picture wasn't much different with DS completely dominating that too.

That's not taking anything away from it (and in terms of consistency OP is madness), a peak like DS' is just too hard to measure up to. For anything, really.

2009/2012/2016/2019/2022 - Sites

4.6/3.8/4.0/4.2/4.4 -「Movie Walker

3.8/3.4/3.7/3.8/2.7 -「Y! 映画

3.6/3.4/3.5/3.9/3.1 -「映画.com

3.6/3.6/3.5/3.8/3.9 -「Filmarks

78.0%/71.0%/73.5%/78.5/70.5% - RT

Overall Ratings - Split Numbers for RED. Need to wait for the day to go off.

100,000 > 145,000 > 180,000 > 210,000 > 245,000 > 290,000 > 335,000 - ~ One Piece : RED (+AEON est.)

Didn't see anyone calc, but I get something like this if I use similar % for AEON as stampede/gold. But Corpse said AEON performs a bit better during this time of the year, so maybe it's a little higher.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

That Occupancy of 80%+ is bonkers? In morning, I had thought it would fall to 70% after few hours... 

If we can maintain 80% Occupancy through out night then it will be 728,800/910,956 on usuals. Though, I think it will settle at mids 70s at night.

• Like 1