Heretic

Wednesday numbers: Guru Dictator: 4.1 Avengers: 6.3

RT for 'The Dictator' is down to 61% now. It's right on the verge of going into rotten territory.

C cinemascore is probably because his fans were expecting this movie to be similar to his previous two. This is more like a regular movie with real Hollywood actors and situations. This is actually bad news because he is not going to attract any new fans at this point.

Very interesting. That could explain a lot, actually. From the trailer it does appear to be another of his mocumentary style films, but you're saying this is maybe more along the lines of 'Coming to America'?

RT for 'The Dictator' is down to 61% now. It's right on the verge of going into rotten territory.Very interesting. That could explain a lot, actually. From the trailer it does appear to be another of his mocumentary style films, but you're saying this is maybe more along the lines of 'Coming to America'?

Yes, it is a cross between "Coming To America" and Zohan.

Another thing to remember films make way less money after theaters.Back in the day even crappy Blockbusters sold like 5-10 million dvds+ and made tens of millions in rentals.Now even big budget films like TA and TDKR will a fraction of the money of TDK and Iron Man made after theaters.

You young whippersnappers are so spoiled. ;) Back in the day there were no daily grosses. You got the weekend gross, that was it. :D

Weekend numbers? Back in my day, we were lucky to get some general estimate of the film's overall gross many years after it was released. Plus, in those days, it cost a nickel to take a ferry. Nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I...
  • Like 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very similar to Thor. Assuming an underestimation error of 5%, I get a range of 575-598M.

Thor only jumped 98% on this Friday in its run no chance TA has jump below 150 and more likely its at 170%.

Weekend numbers? Back in my day, we were lucky to get some general estimate of the film's overall gross many years after it was released. Plus, in those days, it cost a nickel to take a ferry. Nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I...

I still remember that ridiculous Death to Smoochy avatar you had at mojo....unforgettable. lol

I have no idea why people think TA will finish in the high 500s. I will be shocked if it misses 600M.

It's because people are using IM2's trajectory not taking into account that as time goes on, TA will play more like Spider-man because of the WOM.
  • Like 1

I have no idea why people think TA will finish in the high 500s. I will be shocked if it misses 600M.

Some naysayers will just learn when it's all said and done. Until then, they'll keep falling in the same mistake of understimating TA's BO appeal. They'll keep trying to play this like TA's is just another Marvel Film, disregarding the fact that has already become a global phenomenon that just doesn't show signs of slowing down. They'll keep bringing Thor and IM2 numbers while there's any hope for them to downplay this movie's success. Which makes for an even more hillarious experience if you ask me. :lol:

Thor only jumped 98% on this Friday in its run no chance TA has jump below 150 and more likely its at 170%.

I'm not talking specific days but overall so far. If you look at the past weekend, TA had a bigger increase on Friday but a comparatively smaller increase on Saturday. I'm just trying to model TA to the past Marvel properties to see which we can use as a rough guideline.

Um, personally I never said it will miss 600M. My previous projection was 590-620M and I still stand by that. I have a very good feeling that even if it does miss, Disney's creative accounting will make sure it crosses that milestone. With that said, you should read my post in it's full context .. I got that number based on the assumption that TA will have exactly the same legs as Thor.

It's because people are using IM2's trajectory not taking into account that as time goes on, TA will play more like Spider-man because of the WOM.

Once we see a 170% bump on Friday people will change their tune.

I agree with this line of thinking. Where do you think TA's final total will end up? (Or when do you think TA will start dropping like SM1?)

Also;

Posted Image

So good!

Um, personally I never said it will miss 600M. My previous projection was 590-620M and I still stand by that. I have a very good feeling that even if it does miss, Disney's creative accounting will make sure it crosses that milestone. With that said, you should read my post in it's full context .. I got that number based on the assumption that TA will have exactly the same legs as Thor.

LMFAO. Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

I agree with this line of thinking. Where do you think TA's final total will end up? (Or when do you think TA will start dropping like SM1?)

Also;

Posted Image

So good!

I think it ends with 625.

And it will perhaps start dropping like Spidey after Memorial Weekend.

• Like 1

Once we see a 170% bump on Friday people will change their tune.

Do you want to bet $10 they'll keep coming with scenarios where TA's BO falls drastically even if the bump is higher than that? :lol:I'm dead serious about the bet.

I think it ends with 625.And it will perhaps start dropping like Spidey after Memorial Weekend.

We are in the same range but it only needs couple of strong holds to be able to beat Titanic + 3D re-release.