Heretic

Wednesday numbers: Guru Dictator: 4.1 Avengers: 6.3

I think people are talking about the C cinemascore being bad.

Precisely. The Wedensday gross for Dictator is what it is, which is neither impressive nor all that disappointing. A C cinemascore, though, is very disappointing. There's no way to spin it. The movie is a failure. In comparison, Borat scored a B+.

I think we should stop using Cinemascore as a barometer for predicting BO.A much better barometer is using a combination of RT - Twitter - IMDB

You've got a point when it comes to opening weekend. However, when it comes to predicting a film's final gross the WOM is very important, and a great indicator of that is the cinemascore.Borat scored a B+, opened with 26.5M and finished with a final domestic haul of 128.5M.Bruno scored a C, opened with 30.4M (in 3x the theaters as Borat) and finished with a domestic haul of 60M.A nearly 5x multiplier vs. a not quite 2x multiplier.Dictator should follow Bruno quite closely. It's not a money losing disaster given the film's $65M budget, but it is not a success either.

Oh I'm fine and respect the right to thoughtful different opinions, it's you that will have to deal with all the BKB clones come July

I don't see how this is a problem.

lol double posters. this is hilarious on so many levels.

Are you implying that thrylos and myself are the same poster? You can't be serious.
  • Like 2

I think people should wait until we get the weekend numbers before they class The Dictator as a flop or something,

Hmm indeed.

Maybe we are too used/spoiled by 1st day figures as if it was always THE truth.

Waiting for an entire weekend.

How... "relaxing"

lol

Why can't people like Batman and Avengers? All I want personally is some good entertainment from a summer blockbuster.

God, you're right.

It's still a topic of discussion/quarrel?!

I like both.

I can't be in the minority...

(pleaaase tell me i am not).

• Like 2

LOL Come on BKB is talking about Nolan and his fans in a general sense. Good Lord, did you all want Cochofles banned when she went her endless rampage on Whedon and his fans? Every movie has people that go against the grain and don't mind expressing it relentlessly. It's part of being on message board forum, imo.

• Like 3

Are you implying that thrylos and myself are the same poster? You can't be serious.

Thats funny and no way you would do that. Funny though as i'm pretty sure BKB has actually done that, there is another 'new user' (can't remember his username) who compliments and agrees with everything BKB says in the TDKR threads, they have conversations agreeing with each other and its funny to read.

I meant BKB, there was another user who was constantly agreeing with him with only 5 posts. I wouldnt be surprised if this was another one unless otherwise mentioned

I think people should wait until we get the weekend numbers before they class The Dictator as a flop or something, i'm willing to bet that a lot of people didn't even know the film was out today and anyway it hardly looks like a film you need to see on a weekday launch, they should of just released it on Friday for me, i bet it would of got a decent number (it still might).

I suspect the weekday launch was because the studio knew the film is a bad one, and they didn't want it to get crushed on the weekend so they gave it a couple day head start. If people hardly knew the film was released yesterday, then they hardly would have known it was coming out on Friday either.

I meant BKB, there was another user who was constantly agreeing with him with only 5 posts. I wouldnt be surprised if this was another one unless otherwise mentioned

Double acounts aren't allowed. You will be banned if found out.

I suspect the weekday launch was because the studio knew the film is a bad one, and they didn't want it to get crushed on the weekend so they gave it a couple day head start. If people hardly knew the film was released yesterday, then they hardly would have known it was coming out on Friday either.

I don't think the studio felt liek that at all.Guys, you have one day for it's gross and already you're declaring it a bad movie and a bad gross? That's kind of pathetic. If this opens to 25 mill for the 5 day and goes on to make 150 mill WW, is that bad? Give it some time.
  • Like 4

I mean in the sense of most films opening on Fridays and you see the adverts for it and think 'i quite fancy seeing that' but you don't notice the Wednesday launch . I always get the sense that huge blockbusters are best for weekday launches anyway as there is huge demand to see them, i don't think there would be huge demand to rush out after work and see this on Wrdnesday, i'm sure most people will be waiting for the weekend.Also i know its a different situation completely but remember Shrek 2?, i remember people worrying about that being a major flop because of its poor weekday launch.
  • Like 2

I don't think the studio felt liek that at all.Guys, you have one day for it's gross and already you're declaring it a bad movie and a bad gross? That's kind of pathetic. If this opens to 25 mill for the 5 day and goes on to make 150 mill WW, is that bad? Give it some time.

I agree 100%, at least wait until we get the weekend numbers before people castrate the film.

I mean in the sense of most films opening on Fridays and you see the adverts for it and think 'i quite fancy seeing that' but you don't notice the Wednesday launch . I always get the sense that huge blockbusters are best for weekday launches anyway as there is huge demand to see them, i don't think there would be huge demand to rush out after work and see this on Wrdnesday, i'm sure most people will be waiting for the weekend.Also i know its a different situation completely but remember Shrek 2?, i remember people worrying about that being a major flop because of its poor weekday launch.

And TF3. People like to jump the gun.

Also i know its a different situation completely but remember Shrek 2?, i remember people worrying about that being a major flop because of its poor weekday launch.

Yes!

When will something take its spot as the "OMGwhataweekdaystart!" movie?

LOL Come on BKB is talking about Nolan and his fans in a general sense. Good Lord, did you all want Cochofles banned when she went her endless rampage on Whedon and his fans? Every movie has people that go against the grain and don't mind expressing it relentlessly. It's part of being on message board forum, imo.

True shit right there E!!!
  • Like 1