Impact

Best Cinematography 2012

Not getting my hopes up because he's won ASC three times and never picked up an Oscar. But I would LOVE to see Deakins win. Such a gorgeous film and a shining achievement for what you can do with digital photography. 

It's practically sealed up his fate of losing yet again..... ;( ASC and Academy don't usually agree I believe. 

RR is half of what Deakins is to get almost as many nominations. They kind of fucked up everything this year cinematography wise. I'm just glad they recognized AK.

:rofl: did I really just diss RR that much? I just looked at his full filmographyJFK :worthy: :worthy:Shutter Island :worthy:The Aviator :worthy:Forgive my previous ignorance. Still didn't much care for Django's cinematography.

That's cool that Deakins got it because he's not gonna win the Oscar. Skyfall was EASILY the best cinematography I saw last year.

Better than The Master? The movie looked fucking gorgeous, but watching it on a regular screen felt like watching a letterbox version of it or something. It must have been amazing on 70mm