• LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Fucking ROTK is in front.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am so glad as well. I think the charge and the entire battle is one of the very best, ever, I have seen on the big screen. And damn, at the end, when Aragorn tells the Hobbits that they bow to no one, my party and I were a fucking mess. not a damn dry eye in the theater.

Would be no more ridiculous than someone crying at that cliched "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK I'll never let go" melodramatic mess.

Posted Image

I started crying, like a real fucking man, when Rose jumped from the life-boat and back onto the Titanic for Jack. RoTK's best moments were when Pippin sang his song during the charge, the "you bow to no one," and when Arwen has the vision of Aragorn playing with the little boy.

I started crying, like a real fucking man, when Rose jumped from the life-boat and back onto the Titanic for Jack. RoTK's best moments were when Pippin sang his song during the charge, the "you bow to no one," and when Arwen has the vision of Aragorn playing with the little boy.

Just because you fall so easily for tired cliches that have been used for decades of film doesn't make you a "real fucking man." If anything it makes you very inexperienced when it comes to cinema. I recommend watching more movies so you can spot such blatant emotion grabbing ploys. Real emotional scenes should never be that blatant and archetypal in a film.

Well it's a lot more entertaining and enjoyable to watch than Titanic, that's for sure.

I absolutely disagree. Avatar tells a simple story with less interesting characters and has no sinking to make up for it.

I absolutely disagree. Avatar tells a simple story with less interesting characters and has no sinking to make up for it.

Huh? Titanic's story is as simple as it gets. I won't pretend Avatar has some groundbreaking or complex story because it doesn't, but there's certainly a whole lot more to it than Titanic's. Characters, I agree Titanic probably has the edge there due to more interesting leads. However the supporting characters in Avatar are better than Titanic's. Where Avatar is so much more enjoyable and entertaining than Titanic though is in being immersed into an entire new world. Few movies have ever done it as well as Avatar has, perhaps none. Titanic has nothing like that, a sinking ship certainly can't compare to exploring the world of Pandora. Avatar remarkably creates a truly exhilarating alien world that the viewer gets to go for a ride in.

Huh? Titanic's story is as simple as it gets. I won't pretend Avatar has some groundbreaking or complex story because it doesn't, but there's certainly a whole lot more to it than Titanic's. Characters, I agree Titanic probably has the edge there due to more interesting leads. However the supporting characters in Avatar are better than Titanic's. Where Avatar is so much more enjoyable and entertaining than Titanic though is in being immersed into an entire new world. Few movies have ever done it as well as Avatar has, perhaps none. Titanic has nothing like that, a sinking ship certainly can't compare to exploring the world of Pandora. Avatar remarkably creates a truly exhilarating alien world that the viewer gets to go for a ride in.

You care more about the leads in Titanic then any one in Avatar.
  • Like 1

Huh? Titanic's story is as simple as it gets. I won't pretend Avatar has some groundbreaking or complex story because it doesn't, but there's certainly a whole lot more to it than Titanic's. Characters, I agree Titanic probably has the edge there due to more interesting leads. However the supporting characters in Avatar are better than Titanic's.

I know Titanic's story is simple, but it's told more competently than Avatar's. And the climax not only builds up better, but is much more interesting than Avatar's.

Where Avatar is so much more enjoyable and entertaining than Titanic though is in being immersed into an entire new world. Few movies have ever done it as well as Avatar has, perhaps none.Titanic has nothing like that, a sinking ship certainly can't compare to exploring the world of Pandora. Avatar remarkably creates a truly exhilarating alien world that the viewer gets to go for a ride in.

Well, I've always been quite taken with the actual Titanic, so I guess that's more of a personal thing. Pandora looked cool, but ultimately did little for me.

Titanic is a victim of its own success, IMO. A great movie, but one that pleases no fanbase by being #1 for so long.

It pleases me!

1) Titanic - A+ (Love it, it's part of my childhood and everything about it I love.)

2) The Avengers - A+ (Epic, made me feel like a child again, which few films have managed to do recently)

3) Toy Story 3 - A+ (Amazing, gut wrenching, end to my childhood)

4) The Dark Knight - A (Joker, enuff said.)

5) Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II - A (Only watched it once, but I remember liking it a lot, and its and end to my childhood as well)

6) Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest - B+ (LOVE Pirates, but this is second after AWE)

7) Transformers : Dark of the Moon - B+ (Understand the hate, but can't bring myself to hate it. Sucker for mindless, summer popcorn fare)

8) Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides B+ (Only slightly less enjoyable than TF3/DMC and I'm a huge Pirates fan.)

9) Alice In Wonderland - B (I enjoy it, and IMO under-rated in this neck of the woods.)

10) Star Wars Ep. I - The Phantom Menace - B (I understand the hate, but it's alright by me)

11) Avatar - C- (HUGE Disappointment, over-rated as hell)

12) Never saw Lord of the Rings

What can I say? There are VERY few films that have really disappointed me. (AVATAR being one of them).