Noctis

Best Art Direction

The series has only been nominated once for Costumes, even though DH1 should have easily gotten in. It wouldn't be fair if DH2 didn't get a costume nomination, especially after having seen the huge amounts of costumes used for over a thousand people, but Academy has never been fair regarding Potter, so I'm not expecting a nom.

However, the series has been nominated three times for Art Direction (looking back, I'm at a loss for words as to why Prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince didn't get one (Sherlock over it, really????) and with the momentum DH2 has so far, it does have a decent chance to win. The effort went into making these films is staggering. Did you know that Godric's Hollow in DH1 was ALL sets? Even the houses that were never entered.

DH2 has spectacular sets. Gringotts, Room of Requirement, Chamber of Secrets, the tower with Helena, Shell Cottage, Boathouse, Potter's house, etc. Even if Hugo is just as deserving, it shouldn't win, because Potter needs to win not only for DH2, but for the rest of the series.

No, I'm totally against that way of thinking. A movie should just win for the the merits of that movie itself. (even though that rarely happens.)Basically if Hugo has better production design it should most definitely win.

Edited by CoolioD1

No, I'm totally against that way of thinking. A movie should just win for the the merits of that movie itself. (even though that rarely happens.)

Basically if Hugo has better production design it should most definitely win.

I said if Hugo was JUST AS, not more.

And none of Stuart Craig's work is as good as Dante Ferretti's work on Gangs of New York. ALL of that shit was a set that was built. Incredible.

So the Ministry in DH1 isn't incredible? Or Godric's Hollow (which was an ENTIRE set, including all the houses and roads)? I'll see Hugo soon.

Yes I love Dragon Tattoo but I think it's wild for Noctis to say that my love for it is more crazy than his for Harry Potter. He cray cray!

Well crazy Noctis has actual films to loon about. Your film is still unreleased. You could end up hating it for all you know.