baumer

Thursday numbers (big jump for Avengers)

weekly drop is only 29%.If it follows IM2. It also hits 500M on Saturday. (BSG)10.6M Friday14.6M Saturday13.9M Sunday10.98M Monday50.08M 4-dayOn a funny note IM2's Friday gross is same TA's Thursday gross.

Something that must be taken into account here, with TA's big increase, I wouldn't expect that big of an increase on Friday. MIB3 is opening and the last few years have all had Thursday openers on Mem weekend. The last time a big film opened on Fri was also a similar calendar configuration. 2007. SM3 also went up 10% the Thurs before.If TA follows SM3's pattern against AWE:4.4m9.8m(+123%)14.2m(+45%)12.9m(-10%)9.6m(-25%)36.9m 3 day/46.5m 4 day

Smells like a fanboy. :lol:

Smells like two delusional debbie downers. Do you know what happens to delusional debbie downers when they are struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. :lol:But your desperation is entertaining. Keep it going please fellas, so I can keep laughing my bum off.

Something that must be taken into account here, with TA's big increase, I wouldn't expect that big of an increase on Friday. MIB3 is opening and the last few years have all had Thursday openers on Mem weekend. The last time a big film opened on Fri was also a similar calendar configuration. 2007. SM3 also went up 10% the Thurs before.If TA follows SM3's pattern against AWE:4.4m9.8m(+123%)14.2m(+45%)12.9m(-10%)9.6m(-25%)36.9m 3 day/46.5m 4 day

IM2 also jumped 9.2% on corresponding Thursday.MIB3 isn't AWE plus TA has much better WOM than SM3. I could see 130-135% jump but 123% jump seems low.

LOL I don't think that's bad at all for MIB3. I didn't see many people bothering to see that particular movie at midnight when there's a 3 day weekend ahead. Plenty of time to see it.

• Like 1

Rise of the Apes had 1,254m midnights and opened to 54m 3 day.

Projecting off of midnights is always problematic. The only aspect ROTPOTA is similar to MIB3 is it is also a franchise film that had its last installment about a decade before. And that last film was not received very well yet still made good $$. Other than that, they are very different in many ways, release date, star power, demographic, etc.

Avengers should have it's best hold yet this weekend, and I could definitely see the 4-day going to $50 million. I know a few friends of mine are planning on seeing both it and MIB3 this weekend so I don't think that demand for Avengers is anywhere near going away.

Nikki's article said an exec said "this is at the very high end of all horror comps"But it's actually the lowest we know of...Paranormal Activity 3 $8,000,000Paranormal Activity 2 $6,300,000The Devil Inside $2,000,000Scream 4 $1,000,000The Last Exorcism $750,000Chernobyl Diaries $525,000Still impressive. Chernobyl, should it follow the average multiplier of these films from midnight to opening day should have a $4m+ friday.

Nikki's article said an exec said "this is at the very high end of all horror comps"But it's actually the lowest we know of...Paranormal Activity 3 $8,000,000Paranormal Activity 2 $6,300,000The Devil Inside $2,000,000Scream 4 $1,000,000The Last Exorcism $750,000Chernobyl Diaries $525,000Still impressive. Chernobyl, should it follow the average multiplier of these films from midnight to opening day should have a $4m+ friday.

The Last Exorcism managed 10M on Friday...Chernobyl Diaries could hit 6M-7M on Friday.