baumer

Thursday numbers (big jump for Avengers)

Wow. That's tough. I think like Otto said in A Fish Called Wanda when Archie told him the US lost the war in Vietnam, I'll call it, "A tie".

You are about my age if you're pulling a "Fish Called Wanda" reference out. :lol:
  • Like 1

You are about my age if you're pulling a "Fish Called Wanda" reference out. :lol:

Don't call me stupid.No calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!
  • Like 1

Everything Nikki says is spic and leegndary and instant classic. From Toldja to No Record. Someone should make a meme out of the latter one.

"It'll be a $60M Friday" she said"There will be no record" she said

What would you put higher for infamy, B? Nikki's "not a record" or Paramount using the PR excuse?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but her "not a record" statement referred to the opening Friday. She was right. It was not a record because DH2 opened higher. Her numbers were "slightly" off, but the statement was correct. It broke most other records, but not this one.

FRIDAY 12:45 PM… My sources are giving very early estimates for Marvel’s The Avengers of between $65 million and $67 million for Friday (including $18.7M midnights) based on matinee trends.

Not a record. That would bring the worldwide total to $371 million so far… and counting. More later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but her "not a record" statement referred to the opening Friday. She was right. It was not a record because DH2 opened higher. Her numbers were "slightly" off, but the statement was correct. It broke most other records, but not this one.

FRIDAY 12:45 PM… My sources are giving very early estimates for Marvel’s The Avengers of between $65 million and $67 million for Friday (including $18.7M midnights) based on matinee trends.

Not a record. That would bring the worldwide total to $371 million so far… and counting. More later.

The weekend record is much more important than the OD record. She was projecting like 160m or so. Even as the Friday number kept rising, that 160m projection didn't change and neither did the "Not a record". She probably just didn't get around to editing the rest as she updated the Fri number.

But her article stating "not a record" in the midst of TA obviously headed toward shattering of the weekend record was completely absurd. That's why it has become legend. ;)