Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

Weinstein's THE INTOUCHABLES delivered $101,053 from 4 sites--$25,263 per.

That's not good at all

Hopefully WOM catches on like it did everywhere else ... at least this number guarantees its going to hit at least 50 theaters ... that's enough to start spreading good WOM

Why do foreign movies do so poorly domestically now? Back in the early 2000s, movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero were making a lot of money but now it's rare that a foreign language film passes 1 million.

Yeah its strange ^^^It appears a lot of people could not watch them before anyway...Back in the day the only way to watch Hero and Crouching Tiger was in theaters or long after on DVD.Plus those movies still have amazing action...Many who are now somewhat interested just wait for it go on the internet.However foreign films become more popular afterwards.For example the domestic gross for the Studio Ghibli films is low in NA, however millions and millions have seen spirited away and Princess Mononoke in NA.Another great example was the Hitler film Downfall.Before it was not widely scene.Then with the Hitler rant meme (that went for a good 2-3 years) millions checked out the film.All my friends have seen the film and they never watch foreign films.

Edited by Lordmandeep

To be fair, Intouchables wasn't exactly marketed. I've seen one trailer for it while watching Marigold. It's just possible that the marketing was too soft.

To be fair, Intouchables wasn't exactly marketed. I've seen one trailer for it while watching Marigold. It's just possible that the marketing was too soft.

]For a limited release it always is Guess it will have to ride on WOM solely ... we'll see I think its gonna keep a high PTA in weeks to come

• Founder / Operator

Awesome Shawn!

Thanks. :)With the invaluable teamwork with Phil and Daniel, I'd just like to point out that ours is up and Mojo's site is down entirely. :P Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

May 25 - May 27, 2012: $154,000,000*

May 27 - May 29, 2011: $213,344,876

Total decrease: $59,344,876 (-27.8%)

Ouch :stretcher:

What's that for?

I do not know foreign releases have to be something super unique and have some sort of connection to American audiences.Crouching Tiger and Hero were Chinese films but were made to appeal to foreigners.