Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

The Avengers making a whole bunch of money does not compensate for all of these disappointments.

It does a bit though. TA + a bunch of bombs is still better then lets say Thor + a bunch of bombs.

In order for June to be a success Snow White needs to top 50M opening weekend, Prometheus and Madagascar 3 need to top 55M and 45M opening weekend, Rock of Ages and That's My Boy need to both open over 30M, Brave needs to get over 60M and Abraham Lincoln needs to get over 20M, and finally Tyler Perry and Ted needs to open over 25M and 30M.

Nah

Some early words on some of those films suck. This could be the worse summer for quality.

If SWATH, Prometheus, and Brave suck then I officially give up trying to predict a movie's quality based on trailers ever again. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

The Avengers making a whole bunch of money does not compensate for all of these disappointments.

There's always going to be disapointments. The WOM on both Dark Shadows and Battleship were pretty weak. If they were better films, they would do better numbers. Pretty simple.

NahSome early words on some of those films suck. This could be the worse summer for quality.

Wrong. So wrong about worse summer for quality. Ridiculous wrong.The Avengers.Prometheus.The Amazing Spider-Man.The Dark Knight Rises.With three of them breaking the $1B barrier and a superb Alien prequel? This has everything to become the most epic summer blockbuster year of all time.

But this May will end up behind last year's.

Who cares?Do you think everyone wants Battleship and Dark Shadows to do well just to beat some record. As long as good movies are making money and crap ones don't make much I'm happy.
  • Like 6

Who cares?Do you think everyone wants Battleship and Dark Shadows to do well just to beat some record. As long as good movies are making money and crap ones don't make much I'm happy.

I agree. I'm glad DS and especially BS bombed (aside from game purposes with DS). They don't deserve to make much.

I agree completely.

I could't care less about those films, but I was really hoping MIB3 would pull this May up, which is not going to happen.

Geez, Battleshit has a $210m budget. I give up. $200m budgets are the new $100m budgets of a decade ago. Unbelievable how crazy the spending has become in recent years.

I'm not even sure $100m budgets were as frequent 10 years ago as $200m ones are now!
  • Like 1