Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

What I like about this is that the way Columbia is nowadays, with all the other movies and just TASM performing well, there's a rumor about Sony selling their movies division to avoid bankruptcy. Can you imagining Marvel inheriting a $1B+ WW TASM franchise for the next years? :o

Marvel could do wonders with Spiderman if it comes home

The Avengers making a whole bunch of money does not compensate for all of these disappointments.

It does for me. I don't want to see every movie do well; only the ones that I like. And seeing the Avengers continue to excel makes the box office extra exciting.

It does for me. I don't want to see every movie do well; only the ones that I like. And seeing the Avengers continue to excel makes the box office extra exciting.

I'm not sure "exciting" is the right word, but "satisfying" certainly would be. Edited by Telemachos

Well I track the box office as a whole and TA doing well is fine, but like I said, it's not enough to make up for every movie.

As for the rest of Friday's numbers, from Deadline:Universal’s Battleship (3,702 theaters) is still moving slow, now sinking 65% from a week ago with only $2.8M today and $13.5M for the 4-day holiday.High hopes for Dark Castle’s horror newcomer Chernobyl Diaries (2,433 theaters) deflated today to $3M for Joel Silver’s production company distributed by Warner Bros, and should open this weekend with $11M.That’s also about what Paramount’s disappointing holdover The Dictator (3,014 theaters) should total.Finally, Warner Bros’ loser Dark Shadows (3,404 theaters) may only muster $2.1M today and $9.5M.

As for the rest of Friday's numbers, from Deadline:Universal’s Battleship (3,702 theaters) is still moving slow, now sinking 65% from a week ago with only $2.8M today and $13.5M for the 4-day holiday.High hopes for Dark Castle’s horror newcomer Chernobyl Diaries (2,433 theaters) deflated today to $3M for Joel Silver’s production company distributed by Warner Bros, and should open this weekend with $11M.That’s also about what Paramount’s disappointing holdover The Dictator (3,014 theaters) should total.Finally, Warner Bros’ loser Dark Shadows (3,404 theaters) may only muster $2.1M today and $9.5M.

Lackluster.

As for the rest of Friday's numbers, from Deadline:

Universal’s Battleship (3,702 theaters) is still moving slow, now sinking 65% from a week ago with only $2.8M today and $13.5M for the 4-day holiday.

High hopes for Dark Castle’s horror newcomer Chernobyl Diaries (2,433 theaters) deflated today to $3M for Joel Silver’s production company distributed by Warner Bros, and should open this weekend with $11M.

That’s also about what Paramount’s disappointing holdover The Dictator (3,014 theaters) should total.

Finally, Warner Bros’ loser Dark Shadows (3,404 theaters) may only muster $2.1M today and $9.5M.

I sense a theme. :D

Really meh all aroundI really hope it will :stop: soon

I really struggle to understand how people are finding the current box office anything other than uninspiring.

Understandable when a movie you like appears to be underperforming. But a lot of us liked the Avengers a lot and watching it reach milestones is pretty fun.

Understandable when a movie you like appears to be underperforming. But a lot of us liked the Avengers a lot and watching it reach milestones is pretty fun.

Well I suppose if you focus exclusively on the one film.