4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Snow White and the Huntsman

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Founder / Operator

Slow day for me, watching this on HBO right now.

...and switching back to Iron Man 2 now.

Short review of SWATH: Solid visuals, good casting, but a way too derivative with a poorly paced script. Kudos to the guy who sold this to Hollywood, though. Maybe his original screenplay with stronger direction could have been a more worthy effort.

• Like 1

Slow day for me, watching this on HBO right now.

...and switching back to Iron Man 2 now.

Short review of SWATH: Solid visuals, good casting, but a way too derivative with a poorly paced script. 

All of those things describe Iron Man 2 just as equally! 

• Like 2

It looks good. And Charlize really gets into the role. But it's really boring and lifeless. But here's my biggest problem, Snow White is supposed to be the fairest in the land the most beautiful. Now Kristen Stewart is cute but come on next Charlize she's a bag lady. C

Finally had time to watch it - this film is a mixed beast. Set design and atmosphere are good, CT makes a good villain, CH as the huntsman is ok too, and they handled the dwarves in an ok manner. otoh, Snow White didn't look as beautiful as she should if we bring the mirror into it; the introduction of a cruel queens' brother was totally uncalled-for, and the ending - after the queen was dead - was a complete cop-out. I thought: Now let's see her emotions and loyalties collide when she has to decide between William and the Hunter - and then the end credits started to roll. wtf?!