Moviedweeb

The Official Damon Lindelof thread

As we all know, there was a thread that was locked this morning (appropriately so) but I think the subject is intriguing and worth discussion.I think Lindelof is FAR from a hack and one of the more thought-provoking writers out there. I LOVED lost up until Season 6. The season began well enough but turned into something very disappointing and ended up ruining the show a bit for me. Before season 6 came out, there was no way I wasn't going to unload $200+ dollars on the complete blu ray set. Post season 6, not so much. Although there were many great and complete stories told during the course of the show, season 6 really blew it for me. After that, Trek was great, C&A was quite bad, and I will be seeing Prometheus next week.

The fact that people here have automatically assigned blame to Lindleof for C&A is ridiculous. FIVE, repeat, FIVE people are credited for the screenplay for that film: Lindleof, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Mark Fergus, and Hawk Ostby. Lindleof also had nothing to do with the screen story for C&A, meaning any contribution he had to the film was solely for dialogue, stage directions, etc, nothing with plot and character development.

• Like 1

The fact that people here have automatically assigned blame to Lindleof for C&A is ridiculous. FIVE, repeat, FIVE people are credited for the screenplay for that film: Lindleof, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Mark Fergus, and Hawk Ostby. Lindleof also had nothing to do with the screen story for C&A, meaning any contribution he had to the film was solely for dialogue, stage directions, etc, nothing with plot and character development.

That is a good point, but he promoted the hell out of C&A and gave it the 'Damon Lindelof seal of approval.'

That is a good point, but he promoted the hell out of C&A and gave it the 'Damon Lindelof seal of approval.'

He wouldn't go around saying a film he participated in sucked, would he?Numbers has already said everything I feel about these two threads. Edited by C00k13

huh??? what crime has he commited in the eyes of the fanboy inquisition now?i also love LOST from beginning to end and cried during finale, i stuck with that show through it all esp during s3 when i nearly fell of the waggon but held on for dear life and calmer seasthen star trek , i love all previous film so imagine this one was like the mega blockbuster that put that franchise back in the mainstream eyesightso i'm pretty psyched about anything those guys lindelof ,orci and kutzman do, they're a good team doesn't mean they'll always have hits and no misses !

Of course he promoted it. No one's going to say their film sucks before-the-fact.Is Lindleof perfect? Of course not, but he's a creative writer who is able to achieve audience immersion and pull them along for the ride.

He wouldn't go around saying a film he participated in sucked, would he?Numbers has already said everything I feel about these two threads.

There is a lot of space between saying your film sucks and promoting it. Lindelof seemed to genuinely believe in C&A (this statement is coming from someone who is still a huge fan of both him and his work). I believe Lindelof is an example of what is right in Hollywood.

I usually dislike criticisms that amount to nothing more than "this guy sucks", but... I'm sorry. This guy sucks.

He and his buddies Orci and Kurtzman are sabotaging thoughtful screenwriting in blockbuster cinema.