lab276

The Universal Thread | Dreamworks Animation seeing layoffs, set to outsource their work

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I knew there was something going on there when they had that area all boarded up with pictures of DW characters on them when I visited the other month. They're really going to make that deal worth every penny despite flops like Ruby Gillman.

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The fact they're announcing layoffs just weeks before the new Trolls movie comes out seems like a not very encouraging sign for how well they expect that movie to do in theaters.

No it doesn't. It has nothing to do with that. The whole industry is doing layoffs.

I'm not really sure what thread to post this under, but...

Is Universal really trying hard to become a competitor in the streaming market or what?

It's not even like they are trying to make their content exclusive because they just license their movies over to Netflix so their films can blow up on there and then just get taken off a few months after and then the cycle repeats. What is their objective? What are they trying to accomplish? It doesn't make any sense to me.

It must just be like side cash because they have reportedly been making bank on PVOD sales on top of their theatrical revenue and other digital sales and having a streaming platform must not be costing them that much if they aren't investing that much into it to begin with. Idk, maybe I'm missing something.

So now 

On 7/20/2023 at 4:30 PM, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised DreamWorks Land isn't going to be part of Epic Universe. 

I'm not. The diea is to sell seperate tickets. Think Disneyland and the other Disney parks.