baumer

Weekend Actuals (we made a thread last week, so why not?)

Take away Saturday, Prometh dropped 36.8% from Fri to Sun.Some similar comparisons:TA: -29.4%XFC: -34.6%Favorable comparisons:AVP: -43.8%Predators: -43.4%Not so favorable:Super 8: -22.9%Inception: -11.8%Rise of the Apes: -18.3%

So is anybody else ecstatic that this is the 2nd weekend in history two movies opened aboved $50M? I remember the thread on BOM about when this would happen again, back then who wouldve figured this weekend? Good thing 3D was here.

• Like 3

So is anybody else ecstatic that this is the 2nd weekend in history two movies opened aboved $50M? I remember the thread on BOM about when this would happen again, back then who wouldve figured this weekend? Good thing 3D was here.

I am, for sure!

I want another one next summer.

But the question is:

Will we ever see another 2 50M openers without 3d?

Snow White :(

I was hoping for better than a 59% drop, but it's not too horrible, considering two impressive new openers. Combined, they made what one true monster would have made, nearly 125M or thereabouts. That's Hunger Games/HP territory, so it's no shock that any holdover pays the price. But I think the drops will stablize at this point, and it still should get to 150M or close to it.

It's certainly saved by its budget.

Strange that a budget probably over 125M can be a saving grace, but I guess it's a reflection of the times, where that it is considered relatively low.

2nd weekend hold it what will really be interesting.

Yes, I'm very interested for this as it will shed more light than anything on whether WOM is good/mixed/bad (although weekdays will help).So glad it held up well. :)

Strange that a budget probably over 125M can be a saving grace, but I guess it's a reflection of the times, where that it is considered relatively low.

125m may be comparatively low, but I was more impressed with the fx that was purchased by prom's 125m than I was mib's 225m.
  • Like 1

125m may be comparatively low, but I was more impressed with the fx that was purchased by prom's 125m than I was mib's 225m.

Based on what budgets generally are these days, and based on the movie that I watched, I would have guessed 200M.