baumer

Weekend Actuals (we made a thread last week, so why not?)

I enjoyed Prometheus' 3D more than any other movie since Avatar, so yes.

I wasn't aware, prior to last week, that there was a 3D version. I must have been living under a rock. lol Edited by lilmac

I am, for sure!

I want another one next summer.

But the question is:

Will we ever see another 2 50M openers without 3d?

Good thought! Considering most of the tentpole films are now being released in 3D, personally i highly doubt it

Shocker, Prometheus holding well (note the sarcasm).It's a good film, and by far the most thought-provoking blockbuster since Inception.

Thought-provoking is right. There is a lot of Prometheus debate on various forums I visit.

125m may be comparatively low, but I was more impressed with the fx that was purchased by prom's 125m than I was mib's 225m.

Same here. That's a gorgeous movie for that relatively low budget. There were several shots in the movie which awed me. (And I saw it in 2D)

Thought-provoking is right. There is a lot of Prometheus debate on various forums I visit.Same here. That's a gorgeous movie for that relatively low budget. There were several shots in the movie which awed me. (And I saw it in 2D)

I am still trying to see Prometheus. I'm trying my best not read anything about it but talk is everywhere.

M3 won the battle but Prometheus won the War. Good opening for an R-rated Sci-Fi Thriller. Biggest R-rated opening Weekend (Unajusted) in June. I guess The Avengers just won't die, amazing performance. Congrats to THG, I have to be honest, I thought 200 was the celing before it came out and it doubled that with no 3D, give props where props is due.

I too am very surprised at Prom's $125m budget. It looked much more expensive. I don't have a breakdown of SFX budgets and their ratios to the overall production budget.Sonnefeld, Smith and Jones are likely the biggest reasons why MIB3 cost $225m to make, not the SFX or delays.