tidbit

Tue Est Box Office - M3 7.1, Prometheus 5, Swath 3

Whoa...I think every post has been on topic...or at least about how the topic was screwed up. :mouthdropped:I agree with X and B. Tuesday is never a good day to judge films on...Wednesdays are much more telling.

ASM is going to suckPotter sucksTwilight and Transformers were robbed of best picture nomsThe Hobbit will finish with less than a billion WW. :P

Nah, I'll bet on -20%. That'll put its Wed at $5.7m, right where the other two films got.

Madagascar will drop close to 25%. That's a guarantee after such a big Tuesday jump.Prometheus will drop 20%.

Madagascar will drop close to 25%. That's a guarantee after such a big Tuesday jump.Prometheus will drop 20%.

Btu based on last years Tuesday, it won't. So now I'm confused.

Strong for Madagascar. Jury's still out on Prometheus. If it drops 20-something percent today then it's in trouble.

On Sunday you were saying Prometheus was "dead in the water". Now you think it may be "in trouble". lol 1 Prometheus $5,002,455 -4% That's a better hold than Avengers managed on its first Tuesday.

I'm just glad it didn't flop like KFP2 did in the states.

KFP2 flopped because it was a bad movie. My daughter didn't even like that one. She does enjoy Mad 3, so from that one data point I'm going to say the film will be fine :P

Recent box office stats are more relevant IMO. Lorax fell 27% after a strong Tuesday number.

That was still during the school year, though. A good number of schools are out now, with even more finishing up various days this week. I think Mad 3 will drop less.

KFP2 flopped because it was a bad movie. My daughter didn't even like that one. She does enjoy Mad 3, so from that one data point I'm going to say the film will be fine :P

KFP2 a bad movie? :rofl: Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2