Jack Nevada

Best director 2012

I think I'll FINALLY get to see it next week. Oscar contenders are just starting to come over here as I've literally just got back from seeing Argo and SLP comes out same week it does in the US. Should be a fun couple weeks.

I am assuming you must live near one of the big cities in Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, or Dundee. Or do the Oscar contender films go to pretty every theater in the U.K.?

I am assuming you must live near one of the big cities in Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, or Dundee. Or do the Oscar contender films go to pretty every theater in the U.K.?

I live in Glasgow, but I think most Oscar contenders pretty much open wide immediately in this country. Some stuff that's in limited release is playing nearby like Rust & Bone, but I'm not sure I'll go see that one in theaters.

As Jake Gittes said to Lt. Escobar at the end ofChinatown, "Lou, I'm tellin' ya...you don't know what's goin' on here!" Has there ever been a lazier, gruntier, hairier ball-scratching default front-runner pick than Argo?Lincoln is a Best Picture nominee, yes, but rarified, Kaminski-ized andall but entombed. Lincoln is inflated because it just opened and is flower-fresh in Guru minds and did well at the box-office...but there are little pin holes that people don't want to look at. Helium is escaping as we speak.

http://hollywood-els...s_of_delusi.php

;)

Edited by JackO

2 directors who are locked, loaded, sealed and delivered and will not make room for potential end-of-the-year upsetters are Affleck and Spielberg and their respecive movies. Eveyrone else will be wying for 3 remaning director spots.

Edited by fishnets