Jack Nevada

Best director 2012

1. Steven Spielberg2. Kathryn Bigelow3. Ben Affleck4. Ang Lee5. Tom Hooper6. Quentin Tarantino7. David O. Russell8. Paul Thomas Anderson6 through 8 are still very much in it. Tom Hooper barely hangs on in my predictions.

Michael Haneke has a stronger chance to get in than O'Russell and PTAnderson

Michael Haneke has a stronger chance to get in than O'Russell and PTAnderson

Yeah, I don't agree at all. Haneke may be #9 but those two are way ahead and I'll be shocked if he's recognized. Amour isn't going to make an appearance outside of Foreign and maybe Screenplay.

As much as I love Amour, there's no way Haneke's ahead of Russell. PTA maybe. I can't really gauge what the AMPAS thinks about PTA. On one hand I can see PTA being the Malick/lone director nominee, but I think that despite how looney it sounds that Master is way less accessible than ToL, and that puts him far, far from even reasonable contention.

I hope Tarantino gets in. He directed the shit out of DU unlike Tom Close-up Hooper. Bigelow, Affleck and Spielberg are locked and loaded. The fight is for 2 spots. Lee, Tarantino and Hooper have boxoffice hits. Russell`s SLP is fucked up by platform release. That`s 4 directors vying for 2 spots. I don`t think Hanneke will get in because the industry is reportedly not responding well to Amour.

Is this a thread for who we think will get nominated or who we think should? now I haven't see ZDT or Les Miz yet, so I can't put them on my list of should..so here it is:Think:AffleckBigelowSpielbergHooperQuentinThere's always that one film that just comes out of nowhere and gets nominated for a bunch of stuff that no one is really talking about. And with that in mind, I'm hoping Madden and Marigold comes out of nowhere to get some.SHOULD:AffleckSpielbergO' RussellMadden (Marigold)Chbosky (Wallflower)My runner up would be Quentin