Gopher

Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (August 22, 2012) (breakout of 2012? :P)

I’m aware that many people think The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure is terrible. Weak script. Poor production value. Stupid songs. The list goes on. Most people see this film as a failure. I don’t. We set out to make something different for very young kids to have fun and cheer and sing songs and dance in a movie theater, without parents having to worry about anything violent or scary or inappropriate on the screen. That was our intention, and we stuck to it.

You know, these things aren't mutually exclusive. What I'd really like to see is someone who both wants to present a positive message free of horror or peril but still cares enough about the art of filmmaking that their passion for this message shows through on the screen. You don't need to have creepy-looking puppets or dumb "pants falling down" jokes or horrible choreography to make a decent timekiller for preschoolers.Also, don't make your advertising so obnoxious. It was obviously intent on inducing a reaction out of older audiences and you know it. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2012 at 10:15 AM, Jack Nevada said:

3200+ screens?! Are you fucking shitting me?? This is a travesty. THIS SHIT, THIS PANDERING TO CHILDREN (one of my pet peeves) SHOULD BE BURIED TO DTV!! Goddammit, quality cinema like, say, A Separation, Celeste and Jesse Forever and Jiro Dreams of Sushi get barely any theaters and this anus-butter gets that many. There's no justice in hollywood

On 8/21/2012 at 2:46 PM, Jack Nevada said:

If this movie does well, I will walk into my local cinema and piss in a random slushie-machine, while watching the horrified staff members straight in the eye.

Image result for laugh gif community

• Like 1

On 6/24/2012 at 9:42 PM, Dexter of Suburbia said:

This movie makes me happy that I am gay so I never have to worry about accidentally knocking up a girl thus leading me to be a dad and then having a kid to watch movies like this.

I want...no, need this quote to be framed on my wall.

• Like 2