Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Zeiden16 said:

One Piece: Red preview alone has already sold 119,311 tickets, impressive numbers, and with the screenings number and summer holidays the first week is going to be big.

Well, can it defeat Pokemon The First Movie's 1st Week of 800K. I am currently thinking that it should be above 400K-500K 1st Week.

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

ONE PIECE: FILM RED - 260K OD (incl. previews)

COMPS

150,348 (incl. 99,489 prev.) - Dragon Ball Super: Broly

113,443 (incl. 63,424 prev.) - Jujutsu Kaisen 0

x58,300 (incl. 00,000 prev.) - Demon Slayer

x43,011 (incl. 00,000 prev.) - My Hero Academia 3

9 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

COMPS

150,348 (incl. 99,489 prev.) - Dragon Ball Super: Broly

113,443 (incl. 63,424 prev.) - Jujutsu Kaisen 0

x58,300 (incl. 00,000 prev.) - Demon Slayer

x43,011 (incl. 00,000 prev.) - My Hero Academia 3

If Dragon Ball Super legs : around 900k admissions

If JJK legs : around 1,3M admissions

If DS legs : around 1,9M admissions 

If MHA 3 legs : around 900k admissions

Don't expect DS legs because WOM is not really good (3,2/5 on Allociné) and because like you said Japanese movies are very frontloaded, so I think something between 900k and 1,3M admissions should be the final result for this OP movie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I am expecting a performance like Pokemon 1999 but I guess 1M or 1.5M should be a great results for OPR consideration how Overseas (Especially North America & Europe) treat Japanese Content // In other words, I meant frontloadness 

Yeah, it seems to be the right range, Japanese anime movies are often frontloaded, even more here that the first day was a holiday one for students. 

I read yesterday the One Piece manga sold almost 30M copies with a big boost over the past 2 years, must be the first market for One Piece in Europe and North America. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zeiden16 said:

Yeah, it seems to be the right range, Japanese anime movies are often frontloaded, even more here that the first day was a holiday one for students. 

I read yesterday the One Piece manga sold almost 30M copies with a big boost over the past 2 years, must be the first market for One Piece in Europe and North America. 

The US is a weak market for OP, it's france > italy >>> everything else. Japan excluded obviously.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Don't expect DS legs because WOM is not really good (3,2/5 on Allociné) and because like you said Japanese movies are very frontloaded, so I think something between 900k and 1,3M admissions should be the final result for this OP movie

WOM is better than Japan. It's getting review bombing from JJK-DB-DS fanbase. Well, I am leaving the entire responsibility in Europe of RED to France. As, I can't see other markets receiving same release strategy. Italy &Germany Distributor always gives me a headache by announcing three days release/one night premiere. One is UK that doesn't gives a decent screen share. So, a decent total for OPR is dependant on France by 80%. 

17 minutes ago, Zeiden16 said:

How do you think 1st Weekend/Week will progress? 450K+ OW possible?

35 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

How do you think 1st Weekend/Week will progress? 450K+ OW possible?

Always hard to predict for this kind of movie but Dragon Ball Super: Broly had a 2.7 multiplier from its first day to its first week, should be lower than that here but still think it should hit +500k first weekend and 550k first week minimum (from Wednesday to next Tuesday) 

35 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

WOM is better than Japan. It's getting review bombing from JJK-DB-DS fanbase.

I read some comments and the negative comments are those who don't like the musical side of the movie, they prefer fights above all.

Right now the ratings are of 3.1/5 on allocine then stampede got 4.2/5 for comparison.

Edited by Zeiden16

26 minutes ago, Zeiden16 said:

Always hard to predict for this kind of movie but Dragon Ball Super: Broly had a 2.7 multiplier from its first day to its first week, should be lower than that here but still think it should hit +500k first weekend and 550k first week minimum (from Wednesday to next Tuesday) 

I read some comments and the negative comments are those who don't like the musical side of the movie, they prefer fights above all.

Right now the ratings are of 3.1/5 on allocine then stampede got 4.2/5 for comparison.

Before review bombing from JJK-DB-DS fanbase, Ado haters review bombed in every japanese site like crazy before the film even released, saying it had too many songs and songs where bad, which is laughable, Ado has big fan following in Japan and there are boomers who don't like her but yeah now other anime fanbase review bombing non-japanese review sites too.

and can't wait for China numbers for RED, it premiering big at Beijing International Film Festival on August 21 and already top selling there in reservations, last film Stampede made more than $30M there.

2 minutes ago, ONBox said:

Before review bombing from JJK-DB-DS fanbase, Ado haters review bombed in every japanese site like crazy before the film even released, saying it had too many songs and songs where bad, which is laughable, Ado has big fan following in Japan and there are boomers who don't like her but yeah now other anime fanbase review bombing non-japanese review sites too.

I don't think there are reviews bombing here in France, it's just people want of fights.

In some cinema at the preview everytime there was a song in the movie, spectators were booing it.

Here an example: 

12 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

ONE PIECE: FILM RED - 260K OD (incl. previews)

All-Time Best OD for a Japanese Film defeating "Pokemon: The First Movie" (207,804 admits) — 5 April, 2000

WTH, it took 22 years to defeat this record (☉。☉)!

Edited by Issac Newton

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It was really hard to access One Piece legally for a long time, now even though it's available it's completely inaccessible to a new audience. 

It's understandable but I atleast want moviegoers to try new things and above all, I just don't want them to think that non-English Production are utterly disaster.

I do believe that not every Non English are Quality Production but atleast they should try to watch before saying blah blah blah (hatred)

Sorry if I sounded aggressive on my previous reply 〜

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

It's understandable but I atleast want moviegoers to try new things and above all, I just don't want them to think that non-English Production are utterly disaster.

I do believe that not every Non English are Quality Production but atleast they should try to watch before saying blah blah blah (hatred)

Sorry if I sounded aggressive on my previous reply 〜

I get trying new things for sure, but One Piece isn't it. There's too much back story and lore for the average person to start there now. I got in to anime in 2015, and even then One Piece had waaaaay too much for me to even attempt starting it. 

• Sad 3