Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Both can coexist peacefully like Catching Fire and Frozen.

On Thanksgiving weekend, CF made 74 and Frozen opened to 67.

ON THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!

Anybody who thinks BH6 will make more than that going up against Interstellar is insane.

Opening on a Wednesday means its weekend will be deflated, meaning it didn't "open" to 67M as you stated. That's all.

And opening on Thanksgiving will mean that it's weekend was inflated, so it's all fair. The fact that it fell 53% the following weekend should tell you all you need to know about whether it's weekend was deflated or not.

And opening on Thanksgiving will mean that it's weekend was inflated, so it's all fair. The fact that it fell 53% the following weekend should tell you all you need to know about whether it's weekend was deflated or not.

But it made quite a lot of $$ on its opening Wednesday and subsequent Thursday too. And 53% drop was a strong hold. Nobody even said BH6 will open higher than Frozen. You made that up yourself. BH6 has the benefit of Thanksgiving falling on its third weekend though, meaning if it has great WOM, the holds could be spectacular.

Y'know. We're making a lot of conjecture for a film that doesn't have a trailer, poster, or even an announced cast yet.

Well, we had that one poster, the logo and that ten second preview to show us the look of the film. But you're right. Imagine if they get Taylor Kitsch, Ryan Reynolds, Megan Fox and Olivia Wilde as voice actors. :P

Having said that, I'm basing my theories on what I know about it so far in creator interviews and spotlight videos from sources like The Rotoscopers. And so far, the movie seems really good and an improvement on the comic it is based on even.

Nobody even said BH6 will open higher than Frozen. You made that up yourself.

No, don't be an ass. (That's my job.) There aren't many numbers in this thread, but there are a few over Frozen.

Can I assume you're predicting an OW under 67 then?

And so far, the movie seems really good and an improvement on the comic it is based on even.

I'm not sure that's saying anything considering that the comic barely even existed.

That said, I have to admit that I haven't read BH6. I'll have to rectify that situation.

The part about the not having a cast bit is true. I hadn't really thought about that. It's especially interesting considering we have the cast for Inside Out already, which doesn't even come out until next year. 

Fans only really started to get behind Frozen when Kristen Bell, a well liked actress, was announced to be playing the lead character. The announcement came a year and 8 months before release date which I consider pretty late. I wished they announced BH6's cast to build up some hype already. Are they still looking for a cast? :unsure:

I think the cast is less of a selling point for Disney (either WDAS or Pixar). Even when they have bigger names, it's not something that takes the forefront for advertising. I'm sure that whoever they get will be because they fit the role well and not because it might bring a bit more hype.

I mean, for Frozen's cast, nobody was really a big name, unless you're a theater fan. Kristen Bell has a dedicated fanbase, but it's not large. Wreck-It Ralph and Tangled were much the same. They had people you'd recognize, but nobody who would distinctly sell a film, outside of small, specific groups.

This is in marked contrast to Blue Sky, Illumination, and Dreamworks.

• Like 1