Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I don't think Penguins, hitting nearly three weeks after BH6, is going to have a large effect on its overall box office.

But I'm also not really seeing Penguins be such a large hit, either. Maybe $150m or so. But it feels like a film that should have hit after the first Madagascar, not the third.

• Like 2

I don't think Penguins, hitting nearly three weeks after BH6, is going to have a large effect on its overall box office.

But I'm also not really seeing Penguins be such a large hit, either. Maybe $150m or so. But it feels like a film that should have hit after the first Madagascar, not the third.

The highest grossing Madagascar movie was the third.

The highest grossing Madagascar movie was the third.

3D and inflation. Adjusted, the first is the biggest.

Besides that, I think the series has had an interest focus shift within it. While the Penguins were the standout characters early on, they aren't driving as much interest as the main characters and lemurs, now.

Also, there's a lot to question about whether they can support an entire movie by themselves.

Will you give us BH6 news?Come on now, we can't wait.We all loved Frozen quite a lot!Show us what you've got,It's starting to get late!We don't even need a trailer,Just some stills will do,We don't want to wait til July!Will you give us BH6 news?Maybe Zootopia news,*go away, Internet!*Okay bye...---------------June 13th, no trailer with HTTYD2---------------Will you give us BH6 news?Or show a clip at Comic-Con!I know that Elsa still may fill some needs,But now were making pleads,To see how you'll go on! (Hang in there Rob)It gets a little tiring, all the quiet talk,just watching the films pass by----------------Nothing at ComicCon or D23 either, things are getting bleak.----------------Disney, are you still in there?Is your next film still happening?They say be patient, and I'm trying to,I'll save $8.50 for you,Just let me know how it's been,We all just want this movie,We really do,Please just tell us the truth,Will you give us BH6 news?

Genius parody of Do You Want to Build a Snowman there!:D

Disney has confirmed BH6's first teaser will be shown with Maleficent! :Dhttp://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/05/02/big-hero-6-sneak-peak-to-play-before-maleficent/

YAY! :D. I was excited to see it anyway, but now I have another reason to be excited! Also, fun fact: Maleficent comes out on Idina Menzel's birthday! :D

It's safe to say Disney's had the artistic upper hand for most of this decade, though I still wouldn't say they're anywhere close to 2000s Pixar overall.

I'd say Disney finally hit that mark with Frozen, but whether they can keep it up with BH6 and the following films remains to be seen.By the way, that short teaser of the teaser looks interesting, I'll be eager for the full release tomorrow. :). I assume it'll be the same one that'll be shown with Maleficent? Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 2