Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Yeah I watched that scene wondering if was a weirdo for thinking that about a cartoon character

I've had 'dreams' about Elsa.

Just remember, John Lasseter was the one who did the strut for the animators to use as a reference.

And now they'll be nightmares.

• Like 3

I've had 'dreams' about Elsa.

And now they'll be nightmares.

:rofl:

A friend of mine was wondering what I find attractive and asked me point blank if Elsa was some sorta ideal. And I was like, nooooo... that's not the appeal of the character or film at all.

• Like 1

I didn't like the teaser for BH6. I found it predictable and the whole "build-something-and-it-immediately-breaks-apart" thing has been done so many many times. I'm disappointed but I know this just the teaser and the movie could be way better (I really hope it is).

Edited by Quigley

That would have been interesting. It probably wouldn't have impacted Frozen's success since the main reason people love the movie was because of Elsa and the songs. But I think that would have increased Elsa's popularity even more over Anna, little girls are just more drawn to the pretty thin standard girl archetype.The girls in Lilo and Stitch were more realistic in terms of body sizes, and that movie did very well. But that movie was sold on the Stitch character.

Pocahontas, Esmeralda, Kida, Lilo, Nani and the white girl from TPatF represented a good variation in body types. Even Rapunzel had some flesh on her bones (as Mother Gothel snidely pointed out).
  • Like 1

Pocahontas, Esmeralda, Kida, Lilo, Nani and the white girl from TPatF represented a good variation in body types. Even Rapunzel had some flesh on her bones (as Mother Gothel snidely pointed out).

But where's our fat princess?
  • Like 1

That trailer is for the UK, so it's February there. November in the US. Other territories at various points in between.

So in other words, me and my kids will be downloading this and watching this in December. A three month gap in this day and age just seems crazy. I remember it happened with Wreck it Ralph and my nephews nursery ended up playing a pirated dvd copy for them months before the movie came out, all the other parents seemed quite impressed.
  • Like 1