Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Yeah, the girls do look Power Ranger-y, especially since Yellow is of Asian origin just like in the original show. :P  

OMG Yellow = Asian! :o  

Funnily enough, the yellow ranger on the original Japanese show was a male. They turn him into a girl when they made the American version. :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

Funnily enough, the yellow ranger on the original Japanese show was a male. They turn him into a girl when they made the American version. :lol:

Posted Image

So Pink was the only girl originally?  <_<

Btw Honey Lemon's design also reminds me of another lone token female in pink.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does that windshield look like it's sprouted fingers and copped a feel?

Lol can't unsee that now. Btw, that is Penelope Pitstop from the Wacky Races, a Hanna-Barbera show about.. wacky racers (in case you didn't know). She was the only female racer on the show so obviously she was in pink and uber girly. Her car was called the Compact Pussycat. It was made to look like an ugly fish faced drag queen and it had all the cosmetic utilities possible.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I really hope it lives up to the pedigree. Wonder if they'll also play up the Marvel connection. That can't hurt it, right? 

I find that omission very interesting. I wonder if they had a specific reason for not mentioning Marvel.

Could it be that they're afraid of scaring away some girls? Throwing the Marvel logo there might make it look like too much of a boys movie.

I find that omission very interesting. I wonder if they had a specific reason for not mentioning Marvel.

Could it be that they're afraid of scaring away some girls? Throwing the Marvel logo there might make it look like too much of a boys movie.

This is only the teaser. The advertising has only barely started. Right now the best connection they can make is to Frozen. They still have plenty of time to make the Marvel connection, if they wish, and to figure out the best way to do it that doesn't dilute the WDAS and Marvel Studios brands.

Actually, I could see them wanting to wait until after GotG is released, just so that there's no confusion about the separate nature of the films.

I doubt it. The Marvel logo plastered all over the marketing for the Avengers didn't scare away any girls, now obviously I'm not saying BH6 will do nearly as well.

It seems like Disney just wants BH6 to stand on its own, by leaving the Marvel logo off they won't confuse those into thinking this was made by Marvel. ;)

This is only the teaser. The advertising has only barely started. Right now the best connection they can make is to Frozen. They still have plenty of time to make the Marvel connection, if they wish, and to figure out the best way to do it that doesn't dilute the WDAS and Marvel Studios brands. Actually, I could see them wanting to wait until after GotG is released, just so that there's no confusion about the separate nature of the films.

I doubt they'd use the Marvel brand in some form of advertising This is way beyond the MCU, and the only connection it has to Marvel is that it came from a Marvel comics. Disney is doing it in pure disney style and pure disney production and control, with just some consultations from those at Marvel to make sure they're doing it right.I'm wondering, can this be the real Avengers for kids, and not some underperforming work from DW back then? Love that film though lol.

Found on Tumblr: our first look at the full Big Hero 6 team!

Posted Image

Go go powe.........am......I mean........ Big Hero siiiiiix!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously, I can totally see this killing it at the Box Office if the GA reaction to the teaser is any indication.

Edited by Boxx93 of Winterfell
  • Like 1

"From the makers of Frozen and Wreck-it-Ralph" has a stronger connection to the target audience then Marvel Brand right now.  Besides Marvel is more associated with live action movies.  Not so much with animated movies.

I'm sure they'll add it on in later marketing though.

I didn't know that. That's an awesome fact.

They did it for pretty much all of the yellow rangers. You can tell because only the pink ranger wears a skirt.

More recently though they've been making the yellow rangers female anyways, though, so in the end it evens out.