Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

In that comicbook news link people complain about the characters not looking enough like the original ones... In Tumblir people complain about Honey looking like Rapunzel... Why there always has to be complaining? I honesty just can not deal with again after the Tumblir per-Frozen whining.Hopefully the negativity will mainly contained on Tumblir and I can just avoid that place.But anyway maybe not perfect but I like these. GoGo is my favorite since I think the wheels and purple streaks in her hair look fun. I would like to see what Fred looks as a human.

• Like 1

Just one advice with respect to WDAS marketing material... never trust it... i am pretty sure that in motion the team will have a very different look and feel than what can be inferred from these stills. Anyways with that in mind imo these images already look pretty promising :)

• Like 1

In Tumblir people complain about Honey looking like Rapunzel...

I guess WDAS is developing a standard look for some females. There were also complaints about Anna looking like Rapunzel. I personally don't mind as long as the movie is good.
  • Like 1

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=102757

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

New character posters. I must say that they look horrible. Why Wasabi is a black man with dreads? Gogo looks the worst out of a bunch. Costumes look cheap and bad, like a child's toy.. What is this, a cheap Dreamworks movie? It has "only for kindergarteners" written all over it. Come on, wdas, why do you do this. Still optimistic, but not hyped.

I like these designs!! Especially GoGo and Hiro. They look pretty sleek. And yes, I get the comparisons of Honey Lemon to Rapunzel. I mean, that blonde locks and green eyes are screaming rapunzel. Well let's see Honey lemon in action to know more.

Are these official character posters? Or just leaked ones? Cause I thought they dropped the "No-Ginger" in Wasabi's name?

Edited by Dingdong123
  • Like 1

In that comicbook news link people complain about the characters not looking enough like the original ones... In Tumblir people complain about Honey looking like Rapunzel... Why there always has to be complaining? I honesty just can not deal with again after the Tumblir per-Frozen whining.Hopefully the negativity will mainly contained on Tumblir and I can just avoid that place.But anyway maybe not perfect but I like these. GoGo is my favorite since I think the wheels and purple streaks in her hair look fun. I would like to see what Fred looks as a human.

Tumblr is forgetting that there's already a different looking female in the cast, and the fact that it's a multi-racial team is also pretty cool.

• Like 6

Tumblr is forgetting that there's already a different looking female in the cast, and the fact that it's a multi-racial team is also pretty cool.

Tumblr is full of idiots. Just ignore them. I always try to. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Typed big hero 6 in twitter and it's a mess. Lots are complaining about Honey Lemon's design, some are defending it, others find it cute, lots of anticipation, while there are complaints about the lack of Marvel logo and racism and whitewashing. Good thing i don't have tumblr.

• Like 1

Whitewashing? One girl is clearly Asian, one dude is black and one kid is of ambiguous race with a name that is definitely Japanese. And Honey Lemon is supposed to be all blonde, pink and girly. That's the crux of her character and the reason why Gogo thinks she is an attention-seeking phony. It adds to the team dynamics and inter-relationships. Plus, she will have glasses in her civilian attire, apparently. Twitter needs to shut it. Pretending to know this franchise like the back of their hand when they were clueless like everybody else just before yesterday.  -_- Tumblr needs to REALLY cool it as well.

• Like 1

I didn't know there was an alien in the team.

I quite like the look. Yeah, they seem to have a standard look. Hiro almost looks like Flynn from Rapunzel. Hopefully he does look more Asian in motion and Honey, well seems different from Rapunzel TBH. Seems taller, skinnier.

• Like 1