Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Playing Fall Out Boy during an ad for a Disney movie...

Are you just trying to make Tumblr explode?

I think Disney has realized that tumblr is full of people in its primary target demographic so they are really directly targeting it... was the same with frozen :)

• Like 4

I think Disney has realized that tumblr is full of people in its primary target demographic so they are really directly targeting it... was the same with frozen :)

Which I guess explains why everyone on Tumblr hated it before it opened... and only loved it once they saw it.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Hoping this'll have great legs like Wreck-it Ralph. But this will face a lot more competition with Penguins, Annie, NATM and Disney's own Into the Woods so I'm not really counting on a run that leggy.

As long as BH6 makes more than Ralph, I'll be happy.

Which I guess explains why everyone on Tumblr hated it before it opened... and only loved it once they saw it.

they hated it... thats for sure, but that also means that they were very aware of it. Actually i think the intense hate beforehand helped a bit in building up the hype later on since most people went in ready to loathe the movie but then were pleasantly surprised... though i am not sure whether this kind of course was actually intended by the marketing team :)

Edited by chuck0

Plenty of people still hate it, and even more refuse to see it because of the popularity. I find it best to just ignore all of Tumblr.

they hated it... thats for sure, but that also means that they were very aware of it. Actually i think the intense hate beforehand helped a bit in building up the hype later on since most people went in ready to loathe the movie but then were pleasantly surprised... though i am not sure whether this kind of course was actually intended by the marketing team :)

Disney's fairy tale musicals have a huge fanbase. Frozen already had many fans and haters before even the movie was released in theaters.

• Like 1

I'm really excited for BH6. Hopefully, the anime/manga otaku community will be attracted to BH6 (which is really huge fanbase). Then if BH6 work out and become a huge hit, I'll be ecstatic if we will see adaptations of mangas/animes to Western animation later on