Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I had a messed up long dream yesterday..nevermind the details but in one part I saw this movie making a 94 OW  :o

what if it became true?

You'd be the new BKB and Avengers. :P

But no 94 OW. If it had been Thanksgiving extended weekend and not facing off against Interstellar, then definitely. But not as things stand now. 

• Like 1

You'd be the new BKB and Avengers. :P

But no 94 OW. If it had been Thanksgiving extended weekend and not facing off against Interstellar, then definitely. But not as things stand now. 

lol it's a dream..how would I know  :)

anyway in reality I can see a mid 60's opening 

• Like 1

The Disney female designs have been generally similar for its entire existence. There is a "Disney" female design aesthetic, running from Marc Davis' Cinderella and Aurora on through Glen Keane's Ariel and Rapunzel and so on. Pixar has a kind of design aesthetic for females too. Boo and Bonnie look similar. And Helen Parr, Collette, Ellie and Merida all have that round-head look.Some studios have a general "look," others don't. I have heard people give DreamWorks flack for their character models looking "ugly" - they have a different design aesthetic on each film, and when executed in three dimensions they may not be AS pleasing to the eye as Disney's. (Some of the DreamWorks character design art bears out that certain characters would actually look better in 2D.)Disney is going for a clean, smooth visual appeal - why is that so wrong? It just feels like more anti-Disney soapboxing about they're stunting cultural progress or some rubbish like that - the subset of cultural critics that look on Disney with contempt and scorn and disgust, similar to the way most movie critics look at Michael Bay.And the people complaining about Honey Lemon are overlooking that she's one of FIVE human protagonists, perhaps the most motley bunch of human designs in a Disney film since Atlantis. And Gogo, the other female character (who, correct me if I'm wrong, is actually the more IMPORTANT female character?) looks completely different.Honestly, I'm not bothered by this at all.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 4

I hope they're not trying to say that all blondes look alike ;)  .

Isn't it racist to say that Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa and Honey Lemon, all look like each other? Are they saying that white, blonde, females all looks the same?

Well, I'm an Asian, and honestly I'm having a hard time differentiating Caucasian people as a whole.

• Like 2