diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You do know it need the same legs from it OW - MD to get 6.5m adm. That means it has to follow JW in dallies from now on. I don't think it will do this.

I mean to say 5.5M admissions and $45M total lol. Since it’s already fell behind JW in dailies 

Don’t know how I mistyped that 😑 As you can see, multitasking is not my forte.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sam said:

I mean to say 5.5M admissions and $45M total lol. Since it’s already fell behind JW in dailies 

Don’t know how I mistyped that 😑 As you can see, multitasking is not my forte.

Got my ffair share of metypes 😛 I feel you pain.

EDIT, Readable version:

Got my fair share of mistypes 😛 I feel your pain. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1

Btw @sam did you already sarcastically comment about how good Solo was doing the last few day in SK or did I miss that post? :hahaha:

I need my daily dose of sarcasm

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1

Got my fair share of mytypes 😛 I feel you pain. 

Should not be analyzing BO numbers at work, it did that to you lol.

But yeah, I was thinking 50M+ total even after the 81% post-Memorial day drop cause I was hoping to see a better Friday jump. 33% is solid but it’s on par with The Mummy, so it’s not looking too promising. 

5.5M admissions would be matching with JW. Off of a much bigger weekend.

Btw @sam did you already sarcasticly comment about how good Solo was doing the last few day in SK or did I miss that post? :hahaha:

Hey, what do you mean sarcastically. I don’t know what you’re talking about, Solo is doing great! Maybe not as great as in China, but without the Ranger Solo title, that is to be expected.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pepsa said:

Damm, my english sucks. Well it seems fitting, I should not type...at all 😛

Nooooo!!! You should continue typing, your mistypes (or should I say, mytypes ;) ) only boost the personality in your writing :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Nooooo!!! You should continue typing, your mistypes (or should I say, mytypes ;) ) only boost the personality in your writing :) 

Wait what? I have a personality?  :jeb!: HYPE!!!

49 minutes ago, xxoo said:

Can any one tell me first weekend gross of Avengers in South Korea ?

About $13M 4-day opening plus Wed previews.

1.64M admissions.

Edit: You mean TA (2012), right? 

If you mean Infinity War, then it was 4.75M admissions, $39M for 5-day OW.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last 2 days (pretty much since we found out about this new source) actual numbers have been roughly double of cgv numbers. IF that holds true today as well then we’re gonna see a big jump today. In fact by 6:30pm local time JW2 has already doubled yesterday’s number per cgv

Ofcourse its a new source so I could be wildly wrong and we dont know what the trends are, but hopefully we can get better in predictions as we use it more. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Last 2 days (pretty much since we found out about this new source) actual numbers have been roughly double of cgv numbers. IF that holds true today as well then we’re gonna see a big jump today. In fact by 6:30pm local time JW2 has already doubled yesterday’s number per cgv

Ofcourse its a new source so I could be wildly wrong and we dont know what the trends are, but hopefully we can get better in predictions as we use it more. 

If true, that would be awesome. JW - despite the things that happen in the movie lol - is still targeted mainly at familys, so it really needs huge Sat business.

49 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Doubled the final numbers or the 6:30 numbers you recorded yesterday?

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

exactly if the trend is maintained then at 7:30 the result of JW2 is about 630,000

26 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

At 6:30, the cgv number was double of final cgv number of yesterday. The 6:30 number today was also roughly triple (2.85x) of the 6:30 number from yesterday. However the 7:20 number is only 2.75x of the 7:20 number from yesterday so it is falling

Edited by ZeeSoh

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

At 6:30, the cgv number was double of final cgv number of yesterday. The 6:30 number today was also roughly triple (2.85x) of the 6:30 number from yesterday. However the 7:20 number is only 2.75x of the 7:20 number from yesterday so it is falling

Ah excellent! So if this comparison continues to hold, then it's done +100% increase from yesterday by 6:30.

I suppose the stronger Saturday mornings are to blame, even if 6:30-7:20 increased the same nominal amount today and yesterday, the ratio would've decreased simply because Saturday is already bigger.

How was the nominal increase compared to yesterday?

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

Ah excellent! So if this comparison continues to hold, then it's done +100% increase from yesterday by 6:30.

I suppose the stronger Saturday mornings are to blame, even if 6:30-7:20 increased the same nominal amount today and yesterday, the ratio would've decreased simply because Saturday is already bigger.

How was the nominal increase compared to yesterday?

Hmm im not sure what that means. Are u asking for increase without presales added in? If thats the case then unfortunately I dont know. Due to my sleep schedule I could only take hourly numbers from late afternoon/evening SK time. 

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Hmm im not sure what that means. Are u asking for increase without presales added in? If thats the case then unfortunately I dont know. Due to my sleep schedule I could only take hourly numbers from late afternoon/evening SK time. 

By nominal I mean how many tickets did it increase by, rather than a %. 

For example, take the following scenario:

Friday 6:30 - 100k

Friday 7:30 - 110k

Saturday 6:30 - 200k

Saturday 7:30 - 215k

So from this, Sat 6:30 was double Fri 6:30, but at 7:30 it was less than double Fri 7:30, so it seemed to fall behind. But because Saturday is already bigger (due to stronger morning/afternoon), then it appears worse than it actually is. Since Fri 6:30-7:30 sold 10k, but Sat 6:30-7:30 sold 15k, which means Saturday is busier than Friday, despite falling behind on multiples of Friday.

So at 6:30 Saturday was at 2.0x, but at 7:30 it was at 1.95x, indicating it was falling behind, yet the nominal increase was 15k on Sat as opposed to just 10k on Fri.

---

I hope this made sense. I was primarily asking since you were giving comparisons in relative terms to Friday, which can make Saturday look bad when it may actually be doing just fine in actual tickets sold for a particular hour. Feel free to ask if any of this didn't make sense, and I'll try explain a different way :) 

NB: The example above is purely made up, I constructed numbers that would work for what I was trying to illustrate.