diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Is that just a typical holiday drop that affected everything or was there another big film opening on Wed?

Everything was affected, no film made it past 100K admissions. Spidey dropped especially hard though, considering the target did 67k admissions and TASM2 did better than it during the holidays.
  • Like 1

How's The Fatal Encounter doing?

81,976 admissions, it also crossed 2.5million admissions in the space of 7 days. To be honest I'm disappointed it couldn't hold over 100K, negative WoM kicking in it seems Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1

So I guess Cap is done here. Has TASM2 passed TASM yet? Should be soon though right?

TASM2 if I have read this forum correctly (if not sorry than) probably won't match the first one, it will do a little bit less.

TASM2 if I have read this forum correctly (if not sorry than) probably won't match the first one, it will do a little bit less.

ok thanks. I thought it was getting close last weekend. 

SK Daily Box Office (05/04)

Posted Image

Daily box office rose in general for Sunday over Saturday which is pretty unusual but understandable because holidays extend until Tuesday of this week. The Fatal Encounter ended it's Opening week strong, blitzing past 1.6M admissions in just 5 days. Post holiday drop should give us an idea of where this might end. 

TASM2 also rose over saturday and will pass the 3M admissions mark today (monday), the 13th day of it's release. It's gross stands at approximately $23.8M right now a mere 7% behind TASM's gross by it's 2nd week. Depending on it's post holiday legs it looks like it might end on par with TASM or fall a little short. 

Rio2 did decently on it's opening week grossing a total of around $1.8M, around half the total gross Rio managed. So it is pretty much locked for an increase. Captain America suffered the most from cuts to screens and showtimes, probably due in main to direct competition from a SH movie. As it is 4M admissions looks increasingly difficult. That's no reason for disappointment however. Admissions and gross have increased almost 8-fold over the first avenger and SK is the third highest OS territory for The winter soldier after China and UK respectively. Expect great things from the Avengers: Age of Ultron :)

This is what she was saying, but I don't realy know much of the SK boxoffice. But she/he ll help us futher with it I think XD

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

TASM2 has dropped like a rock post holiday, along with Rio2. Local films held relatively well, the target and The fatal encounter both increased thursday over wednesday, but TASM2 and Rio2 both dropped. They should both see bigger increases over the weekend though (hopefully)

So unless godzilla tanks, I think TASM2 will finish between 4-4.5M admissions, which is actually very decent considering the circumstances. 

South Korea Box Office (05/09)

Posted Image

The target is showing good staying power, reducing the difference between itself and the fatal encounter. Both the aforementioned films should pass 2M and 3M admissions over the weekend. The fatal encounter will become only the 2nd local film released this year to pass 3M admissions and the target will be the 3rd to pass 2M.

TASM2 increased 26% over yesterday. 4M at present looks unlikely to be passed during this weekend, but it should happen sometime next week. Cume stands at approx $29.8M.

Here is a breakdown of TASM2 since it was released:

Week 1: 1,662,187

Week 2: 1,240,287 (-25.3%)

Week 3: 751,571 (up to friday)

a realistic target for TASM2 will be to hit 1M admissions for week 3 in which case it will have dropped 19.4% over week 2. Unfortunately this figure is somewhat exaggerated due to the huge monday and tuesday which accounted for 83.2% of the total admissions from monday-friday of week 3. Godzilla will also take away showtimes and potential viewers so we could be looking at over 50% week to week drop starting next week. With 50% drops from here on out TASM2 will finish with around 4.89M admissions. If it drops harder than that, which is quite possible, it will end up somewhere in the vicinity of 4.5M admissions.

Rio 2 will hopefully pick up it's business during the weekend, being the only major animated film, and should be a target for family sized audiences. So far it's 2nd week is bigger than it's first but as with TASM2, wed-friday was really really weak. If it fails to recover during the weekend it won't increase all that much over Rio.

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 2