diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Its one market however early indicators show a lot of growth possible overseas.

We have always predicted that AoU will increase fairly significantly from TA though. And the exchange rate between Korean won and US dollars is not bad. I don't think SK would be a good indicator for the possible growth in OS markets.

• Like 1

Age of Ultron reaches 201,195 in presales (11:30PM local time)

It should soon pass the presale figure for RC on its OD (231,486) which currently holds the record as the biggest OD in South Korea with 682,701 admissions. 

• Like 7

It should soon pass the presale figure for RC on its OD (231,486) which currently holds the record as the biggest OD in South Korea with 682,701 admissions. 

Do you have a dollar figure translation?

OMG that's crazy! Ultron beats the crazy water currents, what a robot! B) B)

Wednesday Box Office (April 15)

-Admissions (Total adm)  Daily%  Gross  (weekly%)  [sC]  {wk}   <Title>

1.    60,065      (2,328,427)  -13.6%  $430K    (-33.0%)   [780] {Wk3} <Fast & Furious 7> 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.    42,272         (494,481)  -15.7%  $278K         (--)       [644] {Wk2} <Salut D'Amour
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.    24,091      (2,795,631)  -9.45%  $168K    (-52.8%)   [539] {Wk4} <Twenty
4.      8,891           (97,639)  -24.6%  $58K           (--)       [318] {Wk2} <Revivre> 
5.      7,054      (6,039,685)  -16.1%  $50K      (-50.4%)   [267] {Wk10} <Kingsman: The Secret Service>  

Total admissions: 172,583
Total Gross: $1,184,064
April Total: $39,130,627

Cumulative gross
Kingsman: The Secret Service: $45.16 million
Twenty: $19.79 million

Fast & Furious 7: $17.51 million

Current presales (Midnight)

01. 74.6% (202,790) The Avengers: Age of Ultron
02.   7.0%   (18,901) Fast & Furious 7
03.   4.8%   (12,952) 
Salut D'Amour
04.   1.6%     (4,454) Twenty
05.   1.4%     (3,775) The Gunman

• Like 8

roaring currents was a huge hit was a huge hit as it was about admiral Yi?

Basically. Also while it's not a masterpiece by any stretch it's still pretty entertaining and reflects the anti-Japanese sentiment currently within the country.

Wow, I didn't follow its run, but Kingsman did hella impressive :o

Indeed. fourth biggest R-rated film of all time and biggest R-rated film among foreign releases. Amazingly leggy run!

• Like 2

I don't see it. RC had amazing backing from the 40-60s age group which enabled it to rocket to 10 million admissions in 12 days. I don't see that demography being as supportive of a foreign superhero film that they don't really understand.

12 million in 12 days! And I just remember it being huge yes, but to that degree... not exactly - - more like it having good legs and so...

That's a tall order for TA2, it won't be like F7 in China after all :D

12 million in 12 days! And I just remember it being huge yes, but to that degree... not exactly - - more like it having good legs and so...

That's a tall order for TA2, it won't be like F7 in China after all :D

Yeah but even if it only does 14M admission that would still mean 28% of the total population of SK, an that is way beyond F7 in china. I know we can't compair but 28% is super huge and freaking amazing :D

Yeah but even if it only does 14M admission that would still mean 28% of the total population of SK, an that is way beyond F7 in china. I know we can't compair but 28% is super huge and freaking amazing :D

Yes indeed. We already know Koreans like to go to the movies a lot, though ;)
  • Like 1

Iron Man 3 presales:

49 hours before midnight:118,000

30 hours:206,200

24 hours: 236,800

9 hours:297,000

3 hours:350,600

midnight:384,000

Age of Ultron presales:

7 days and 10 hours before midnight:153,200

With these numbers could we see a million tickets in presales for T2?

Or is that just wishfull thinking?

IM3 tribled presales in the last 48 hours.. Imagine if TA2 did that? Then it needs another 135k total in the next 5 days..

That should not be a problem. At all

Yeahhhh. I know..

Wishfull thinking

Edited by fmpro

We have always predicted that AoU will increase fairly significantly from TA though. And the exchange rate between Korean won and US dollars is not bad. I don't think SK would be a good indicator for the possible growth in OS markets.

Biggest grosses increase from TA1 to TA2 will be in China and SK. We can roughly see a 125-150M increase in China while SK could potentially see a 50M. As a whole Latin America and Asia will see substantial increases for the sequel. Only Europe is the wild card, hopefully TA2 will remain flat from TA1.

• Like 3

With these numbers could we see a million tickets in presales for T2?

Or is that just wishfull thinking?

IM3 tribled presales in the last 48 hours.. Imagine if TA2 did that? Then it needs another 135k total in the next 5 days..

That should not be a problem. At all

Yeahhhh. I know..

Wishfull thinking

Over 226K in presales already, almost 60% of IM3's presales with almost 1 week still to go. I do think, it's going to get close to 1M in presales.

• Like 1

Over 226K in presales already, almost 60% of IM3's presales with almost 1 week still to go. I do think, it's going to get close to 1M in presales.

Yeah. 230k now. At this pace i cant see why it won't come close to that..

We know it will atleast double in the last 24-36 hours before midnight...

Records will be broken