diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think TLM wont breakout in Japan. We have not had a disney breakout since COVID and I doubt this one will be it. This movie will have to rely on Europe/Australia for its OS numbers. 

If TLM doesn't breakout in JP then Disney may as well have left the market. I do not think any other film they have in the pipeline will breakout all the way until maybe Frozen3. And even that may underperform heavily.

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If TLM doesn't breakout in JP then Disney may as well have left the market. I do not think any other film they have in the pipeline will breakout all the way until maybe Frozen3. And even that may underperform heavily.

I think Zootopia 2 and Toy Story 5 with very strong reviews/reception can do well in Japan. Only time will tell. 

Just now, JustLurking said:

I think Disney's prospects there will continue to be depressed unless they fundamentally change Disney+.  Something like at least 6+ months of exclusivity from the actual release date in market (not from the global launch). What's strange is how Disney isn't even trying to salvage its traditionally biggest OS market (they must be aware how much money they are leaving on the table). Disney should just sell distribution rights to Toho like Universal at this point. 

5/19:

Fast X:        124,154 admissions (352,956 total) (+34.8% Thursday)

GoTg 3:        78,378 admissions   (-47.6% LW)

Presales:

Fast X:                  158,680

TLM: (D-4)           24,536

Edited by GOGODanca
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

That is pre-egg (want to see) so not an audience score per se, but it being 85% is weird. Wonder if there's some review bombing going on. 

I thought the same. I have never seen any movie have so low a score before the shows have even started. Its weird this is happening in Korea. Even Wakanda did not have this issue. 

2 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Wonder if there's some review bombing going on. 

If I am not wrong unlike Naver, CGV Pre-Egg reviews are from Ticket Buyers on Early Previews Shows. So, can't really think that outsiders are review bombing. Let's the Golden Egg open

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Looks like Mermaid will not even hit 1m admits for the OW. 

We also have Roundup 2 opening - Last Movie did over 12M admits and it's the highest grossing Korean Movie of Post-CoVid-19 Era.

EDIT - Opens on 31 May

Edited by Issac Newton

3 hours ago, imbruglia said:

anyone can rate pre-egg (without tickets), so yeah. it got review bombed. (also bombed pretty much everywhere)

y'all have no idea the level of hatred korean people has for this film/halle. insanity. 

those toxic yt channels r really a cancer ! most ppl hate these movies out of us without a reason now ! probably same could happen for the marvels 

4 hours ago, imbruglia said:

anyone can rate pre-egg (without tickets), so yeah. it got review bombed. (also bombed pretty much everywhere)

y'all have no idea the level of hatred korean people has for this film/halle. insanity. 

What's the reason for hating Halle?