diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Hopefully the ATP is a bit higher for IQ2, could make a big difference in total gross.

Does anyone have the link to google sheet, i changed laptops and I don't have the links anymore :(

Anway thank you!

On 12/13/2022 at 7:46 AM, Legion Again said:

Some links for those new to market (or casual followers (or rusty)):

hourly CGV sales for current day are here — https://m.cgv.co.kr/WebAPP/MovieV4/movieList.aspx?iPage=1&Seq=86072&mtype=now&morder=TicketRate&mnowflag=0 (updates ~XX20-XX25)

EOD all market figures posted here — https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/stat/boxs/findDailyBoxOfficeList.do (updates 0000 but adjusts upward slightly as counts finalize with most of movement by 0100 or so)

sheet with historical comparisons, some stats of interest, and (often) hourly/daily projections here — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mpf92NunqhPZOQkYsA3479cMmcBW80Dn0cK8HjlN0v8/edit (updates whenever relevant people are conscious and get around to it)

Will keep sheet access among small pool for now but feel free to note any relevant values that don’t seem to be getting updated in the thread or in your own records and we can patch them in. If anyone shows a particular passion you can probably get access pretty fast if you want it.

Perhaps we could get this pinned or something  though it’s not like it’s hard for me to find again via search 😛 

Edited by Legion Again
  • Heart 5
  • Thanks 1

Will likely end CGV at 92K. 185-190K OD aka $1.3M.

Weekend may be

500 // 1485K aka $11M

Can see SAT and SUN hit something like 550K for 1.5M+. 

Think 5M+ final should be done. Depending on 2nd weekend can think of 6/7/8 and so on.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Do we have an idea of the competition comming up? Because a 3x multi is pretty secure if it has 2 open weekends (even if the WOM isn't amazing)

There’s a movie on the 21st that has 29k in presales, and then there’s another local movie on the 3rd of July that currently has 17.5k in presales. The good thing is these are adult movies so the demographics don’t really overlap, even if they might take some screens

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Will likely end CGV at 92K. 185-190K OD aka $1.3M.

Weekend may be

500 // 1485K aka $11M

Can see SAT and SUN hit something like 550K for 1.5M+. 

Think 5M+ final should be done. Depending on 2nd weekend can think of 6/7/8 and so on.

For weekend I’m thinking:

495 // 1.5m admits

should be able to roundup around 4.5m admits is my thinking, unless there’s some increase next weekend 

On 6/20/2019 at 12:40 PM, pepsa said:

Just checked scores, they are on par with Aladdins. They probably go down a bit.

TS4:

9.68 naver

9.43 neitzen

Aladdin:

9.43 naver

9.48 neitzen

9.43 so far on Naver, below TS4

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 11:01 AM, Flip said:

Inside Out 2 (T-0): 263.4k (+82.6k)

Inside Out 2 (D1)*: 290.5k (+27.1k)

much better than Rise of Gru, which saw a dip in presales

*this is presales

Pace through out the day should be the same as today. I do thinkif 140k happens that means WOM should be very stellar.

PS should grow alot today, less PS driven then OD + closer to the weekend -> 340k tomorrow?

Anyway PS for the weekend will be big. Anything over 1.5m OW is very good, and hopefully monday is close to OW thursday, that would mean WOM is very good.

• Like 3

I think it will settle at 95-96, already 97.5ish so just .5 more drop gets to 96 displayed and that is about where the last 1250 reviews have been (vs 98.5+ for first half). 

• Like 1

Looking very good today, a drop smaller than 30% will for sure happen and thats good news for WOM indicators.

PS are already up to 328k, should clear 380k by midnight I think.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:03 AM, Flip said:

Inside Out 2 (D1)*: 290.5k (+27.1k)

much better than Rise of Gru, which saw a dip in presales

*this is presales

Inside Out 2 (D2)*: 389.4k (+98.9k)

*this is presales

• Like 1