diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

23 hours ago, Flip said:

Deadpool 3 (T-6) 55.1k (+7.2k) 

better day pace wise. Tomorrow it should add 12-13k

Deadpool 3 (T-5) 66.8k (+11.7k)

Nothing crazy going on

16 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Are you still expecting same range of total admits that you mentioned earlier?

No, I can’t see it doing more than 3.5m, but I do expect presales to increase more than normal until release date 

• Like 1

Both Thor and Wakanda dropped significantly from previous movies. DS2 collapsed after OW as well. Even NWH was not that big(though COVID was a factor). Ant 3 collapsed from Ant 2. Guardians looked meh but WOM carried it very well. May be its another market where GA have moved on from MCU. China is another place where its most likely to drop from Deadpool 2. 

Big picture it should not matter. Latin America/Rest of Asia and of course how well it does in Europe will carry the movie. 

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

China is another place where its most likely to drop from Deadpool 2. 

Big picture it should not matter. Latin America/Rest of Asia and of course how well it does in Europe will carry the movie. 

Deadpool 2 made "only" like 40M in China and IIRC it was the PG-13 lame ass version. Should be able to match that or surpass as long as WOM isn´t horrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, thajdikt said:

Deadpool 2 made "only" like 40M in China and IIRC it was the PG-13 lame ass version. Should be able to match that or surpass as long as WOM isn´t horrible. 

I thought Deadpool 2 did 100m. Back then every CB movie used to do close to that. Wonder Woman did 90m ish back in 2016. I guess R rated moves were no no. Joker did not even release over there due to anarchist elements in the movie. 

So China should grow to 60m based on expectations. 

51 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

This will also be a PG-13 version though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I thought Deadpool 2 did 100m. Back then every CB movie used to do close to that. Wonder Woman did 90m ish back in 2016. I guess R rated moves were no no. Joker did not even release over there due to anarchist elements in the movie. 

So China should grow to 60m based on expectations. 

Maybe you were thinking of Logan? Anyhow I agree with the point about SK moving on from the MCU. But I hope good WOM can give it a Vol 3 level turnaround.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Maybe you were thinking of Logan? Anyhow I agree with the point about SK moving on from the MCU. But I hope good WOM can give it a Vol 3 level turnaround.

Yah. It was Logan which did 100m. Anyway Korea is more about WOM than crazy presales. Guardians 3 looked dire ahead of release but WOM turned it around. DS2/Thor/Wakanda/Ant 3 all collapsed after its start. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I was under the impression it was the R-Rated with minimal changes? 

I don't think it's even possible for Hollywood to release an R-rated film in China without cuts to make it, well, basically not r-rated.