diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Man of Steel 

Opening day 177k admissions, $1.22 mil .

IM1 OD 153k, total=4.30 mil=28.1x OD 

IM3 OD 422k, total=9.00 mil=21.3x OD

SR OD 105k, total=1.70 mil= 16.2x OD

TASM OD 272K, total=4.85mil=17.8xOD

TDKR OD 441K, total=6.40mil=14.5xOD

Disappointing.

Man of Steel 

TASM OD 272K, total=4.85mil=17.8xOD

Looks like a good OD, let's see how it fare over the weekend.

Wow, just look at the multiplier for IM3, off of a big OD  :wub:

How about TA, Olive?

Looks like a good OD, let's see how it fare over the weekend.

Wow, just look at the multiplier for IM3, off of a big OD  :wub:

How about TA, Olive?

214k OD(excluding 80k previews) 7.08 mil total

• Like 1

214k OD(excluding 80k previews) 7.08 mil total

Thanks Olive. No previews, it's x 33 OD. Including previews, it's x 24 OD  :D

Also, I didn't know that IM1 managed a 4.3M with 153k OD back in 2008, that's very impressive for a franchise starter  :wub:

I think that's a good enough number for MOS, it could pick up over the weekend, and it'll be No. 1 for the weekend too, so MOS supporters, cheer up  :) It could be like IM1 and pulled in 4M+ admissions

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

It'll be close race between MOS and Secretly Greatly for sure. I don't mind about whichever movie win the weekend, but for the sanity of some on this forum, let's hope that MOS pulls off the #1 debut in SK.

Edited by Sam

SO am I to understand that MOS is close(ish) to avengers exlcuding previews?

Technically yes. But it would not be a fair comparison since TA is a team movie, different appeal than MOS. That's why Olive didn't include it in this post and only listed solo movies:

Man of Steel

TASM OD 272K, total=4.85mil=17.8xOD

TA has incredible legs in SK. It opened to quite underwhelming numbers on OW (1.64M admissions, for comparisons: TDKR 2.43M, IM3 2.62M) But because of the great WOM and probably worldwide popularity (maybe holiday too) its 2nd weekend increased from 1st weekend.

I think the closest comparison for MOS here is IM1. IM1 opened to 153k OD to MOS 178k; and finished with 4.3M admissions ($25M), that's also a movie with very good legs. So if MOS has good WOM, let's see how it'll hold over the weekend, I think 4M admissions is possible.

Technically yes. But it would not be a fair comparison since TA is a team movie, different appeal than MOS. That's why Olive didn't include it in this post and only listed solo movies:

TA has incredible legs in SK. It opened to quite underwhelming numbers on OW (1.64M admissions, for comparisons: TDKR 2.43M, IM3 2.62M) But because of the great WOM and probably worldwide popularity (maybe holiday too) its 2nd weekend increased from 1st weekend.

I think the closest comparison for MOS here is IM1. IM1 opened to 153k OD to MOS 178k; and finished with 4.3M admissions ($25M), that's also a movie with very good legs. So if MOS has good WOM, let's see how it'll hold over the weekend, I think 4M admissions is possible.

any word on MOS's WOM in korea? anyone?

any word on MOS's WOM in korea? anyone?

I'm not sure how it is now, but this is what Olive posted earlier for initial rating (from SK movie site I guess)

112k tickets now.
Audience rating is now 8.6/10, slightly lower than IM3 which has insane WOM there.

Best wait until we get OW figures (or weekdays hold and 2nd weekend drop even) before saying anything. But if it has good increases and holds over the weekend, that should be a strong indication for good WOM.
  • Like 1

I wonder whether MOS has a rush factor.Presales for weekend is still ahead of Secretly.

I hope not, that would not bode well for legs.

But on the other hand, it's kinda assured that MOS will win the weekend if that's the case.

Speak of reviews

on movie.naver.com

IM3 8.87/10 by 14,784 users, 7.53/10 by 9 critics

MOS 8.21/10 by 2,401 users, 6.88/10 by 2 critics

Hmm, interesting, already dipping below IM3 with small samples of reviews. But IM3 WOM in SK is super strong, so if the ratings for MOS keeps steady, it's not a bad thing.