diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Many happy returns of the day @feasby007

14 minutes ago, Olive said:

Happy Birthday, @feasby007 

Is 2M PS really possible now? :o

Thanks also :) 

I believe so. Looking at CGV (easiest to look at seats) there's still so many seats available. I think seats are being bought earlier than usual which helps i.e. people who'd normally buy Saturday tickets on Friday have bought them early since they know it's busy. 

It could crash out, but it looks likely at the moment for around 2.1m finish at midnight. As you know though, much of this won't be for OD, but for the entire 5-day and beyond. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fish&chips said:

When the SK page turns into a happy birthday page :ph34r:

Many happy returns mate :lol:

How do people think the length of the film will affect showtimes? Has anyone done an analysis specifically on that issue?

IW 177k shows in China

EG 220k shows expected

IW 9.5k shows in India

EG 11k expected

1 minute ago, Fish&chips said:

When the SK page turns into a happy birthday page :ph34r:

Many happy returns mate :lol:

How do people think the length of the film will affect showtimes? Has anyone done an analysis specifically on that issue?

Thanks! 

(btw I've run out of reacts today already 😮)

The screen count is already at IW's final level, so might even go higher. Though I seem to remember something last year about IW occupying like 80% of the screens in the country and the authorities weren't happy about that. Even so, I think the runtime could affect it a little, though I've noticed plenty of 1/2/3 am showings which indicates it's getting similar number of showtimes, just going later into evening/morning. 

Does anybody recall whether there were 2/3 am showings for IW?

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

My focus is, will it do Saturday numbers of IW on OD.

1.35mn OD.:excited:

Definitely 1m+ breaking top 3. Don't know if 1.35m is possible though, simply because (when I last checked) there were still lots of seats around during working hours, and I just don't know if they'll be able to fill up.

Btw, I won't be able to catch the midnight number tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday! I'll be able to do the write up later, but won't be around at the time of midnight Korea time. 

The main figures I'd like are the total admissions, the Won total and the % of the total tickets it represents. (I.e. the 3 non-zero entries in Endgame's row here: http://kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/stat/boxs/findRealTicketList.do

Also, if somebody fancies, the total screens it is on. Though that one is unlikely to change in the 3 or so hours in between.

Thanks so much guys! I'll have today's report ready in 35 minutes though, looks like an as-expected day.

• Like 2

I will make sure to post the MN number in the comming days, don't worry about. And yeah today (esspecially after 14 pm) ps's slowed down a lot. Over 135k is still great and tomorrow will probably pick up a bit. 

And ofc a Happy Birthday @feasby007

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Wish you many many happy returns of the day @feasby007. Have a blast 🎂 🍻 🥂

Thanks Nero :) 

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I will make sure to post the MN number in the comming days, don't worry about. And yeah today (esspecially after 14 pm) ps's slowed down a lot. Over 135k is still great and tomorrow will probably pick up a bit. 

And ofc a Happy Birthday @feasby007

Thanks a lot pepsa!

Yeah, I think it's on trend though, IW also had a smaller increase on the comparable day. I think it's still running similarly to IW at this point. 

• Like 2

Other Presale Comparisons: South Korea Spreadsheet

So, just 72 hours left until we get the final presale total in for Avengers: Endgame. Today it passed the biggest presales ever, which was held by Infinity War (of course) on Friday Midnight. This is because most movies in South Korea have bigger presales on Friday Midnight than their "final presales" on Tuesday Midnight (for Wednesday openers).
However, I don't think this will be the case here, since Endgame has sold tickets well into the weekend, I don't think it'll presell enough to have a bigger total on Friday Midnight.

Despite that, Endgame ends today with a fantastic 1.46m admissions, edging its way closer and closer to the prestigious (and previously unthinkable) 2m admissions presold. In fact, it's on a course collision to reach between 2.1 and 2.2m admissions by Tuesday Midnight. If we take IW's trajectory from here we actually get a final of 2.7 MILLION admissions, which is absolutely monstrous, and unlikely due to saturation.

Finally, Endgame currently has 2607 screens. Note that IW maxed out at around 2550 screens. So there is more capacity for Endgame, though it is unclear if the runtime will have any effect, since there is 1 less showing per day, but it seems more theatres are running 2/3 am shows of Endgame, which are actually selling somewhat well.

At this point, 1m+ admissions OD seems like a foregone conclusion. The record might be out of reach though (~1.35m by Along With The Gods 2) since Endgame opens on a work day. Single day record could fall on Saturday though, as long as Endgame isn't more front-loaded than Infinity War.

q8rm551uoft21.png
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:
Other Presale Comparisons: South Korea Spreadsheet

So, just 72 hours left until we get the final presale total in for Avengers: Endgame. Today it passed the biggest presales ever, which was held by Infinity War (of course) on Friday Midnight. This is because most movies in South Korea have bigger presales on Friday Midnight than their "final presales" on Tuesday Midnight (for Wednesday openers).
However, I don't think this will be the case here, since Endgame has sold tickets well into the weekend, I don't think it'll presell enough to have a bigger total on Friday Midnight.

Despite that, Endgame ends today with a fantastic 1.46m admissions, edging its way closer and closer to the prestigious (and previously unthinkable) 2m admissions presold. In fact, it's on a course collision to reach between 2.1 and 2.2m admissions by Tuesday Midnight. If we take IW's trajectory from here we actually get a final of 2.7 MILLION admissions, which is absolutely monstrous, and unlikely due to saturation.

Finally, Endgame currently has 2607 screens. Note that IW maxed out at around 2550 screens. So there is more capacity for Endgame, though it is unclear if the runtime will have any effect, since there is 1 less showing per day, but it seems more theatres are running 2/3 am shows of Endgame, which are actually selling somewhat well.

At this point, 1m+ admissions OD seems like a foregone conclusion. The record might be out of reach though (~1.35m by Along With The Gods 2) since Endgame opens on a work day. Single day record could fall on Saturday though, as long as Endgame isn't more front-loaded than Infinity War.

q8rm551uoft21.png

thanks for all the updates :)

• Like 3