diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

Currently only presales for shows up to 9:20am are included, which is not a lot :P 

Yes, especially if it has a good Labor Day increase next week too

Indeed, over 10m after 2nd weekend should be doable. If we hit 6m on OW

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

Currently only presales for shows up to 9:20am are included, which is not a lot :P 

Yes, especially if it has a good Labor Day increase next week too

Lol ok. I thought it was already added to CGV presales.

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I love South Korea right now :wub:

I love it in general, but especially right now.

Just wait till we get some hourlies. Due to the sheer presale count, it probably will increase similarly in the daytime to the evening, because there's so many more seats available during the day.

Anyway I'm going to sleep now, I won't be awake until the 2:20 pm update, so I'll fill the chart in when I'm awake and we can see what's going on :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Lol ok. I thought it was already added to CGV presales.

So we have the normal presales page here http://kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/stat/boxs/findRealTicketList.do

This provides total presales for all theatres for showings at least 2 hours away.

Then we have this new CGV tracking we've been using that gives the total tickets sold for the day at that chain only. 

So with CGV, the first update we get with it gives us the presales for the day, then every update after that (at 20 past the hour), will increase. That increase is the tickets sold at CGV in the past hour, that may include presales for later that day too.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Just wait till we get some hourlies. Due to the sheer presale count, it probably will increase similarly in the daytime to the evening, because there's so many more seats available during the day.

Anyway I'm going to sleep now, I won't be awake until the 2:20 pm update, so I'll fill the chart in when I'm awake and we can see what's going on :) 

Same, have a good night sleep.

The same to everyone else.

I will be up again 8 hours I think.

Just now, pepsa said:

Same, have a good night sleep.

The same to everyone else.

I will be up again 8 hours I think.

Us Europeans gotta get our rest before the onslaught of opening days tomorrow :D:D 

Good night! (I'm actually only going for 6 hours, sacrificing a couple hours for Endgame!)

Just now, feasby007 said:

Us Europeans gotta get our rest before the onslaught of opening days tomorrow :D:D 

Good night! (I'm actually only going for 6 hours, sacrificing a couple hours for Endgame!)

I might do the same we will see when I wake up, today I was planning on 8h it settled for 5.30 so yeah could happen today agian. When I wake up I will run to my pc ;) See you tomorrow (techicaly today, atleast in Belgium)

Oh you guys still use the CGV admissions model haha. I got to say though, there was something enjoyable about seeing everyone lose their collective marbles at midnight korean time when numbers were released and we didn’t know CGV did hourly updates.  

On 4/25/2018 at 1:39 PM, Fish&chips said:

Infinity War Naver ratings (1:40PM)

Netizen: 9.11/10.0 (1711 votes)

audience: 9.22/10.0 (356 votes)

OD record is likely to fall I think, a perfect storm of presales, expectations, high screen number and culture day to boot. 

Endgame Naver ratings (12:00PM)

Netizen: 9.40/10.0 (1119 votes)

Audience: 9.55/10.0 (181 votes)

Favorability (above 8.0/10.0): 96%

Edited by Fish&chips
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 10

5 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Endgame Naver ratings (12:00PM)

Netizen: 9.40/10.0 (1119 votes)

Audience: 9.55/10.0 (181 votes)

Favorability (above 8.0/10.0): 96%

Better start than IW already. This is going well.

Avengers: Endgame is reported to have crossed 1m admissions already, at 11am, 4hours and 30 mins after initial release. 

Bear in mind that this figure is in all likelihood a mix of actual showtime admissions+presale numbers so it works like a projection. 

For some perspective, Jurassic World and AWTG2 reported their films crossing the 1m milestone at 5pm and 6pm respectively. My takeaway from this is that AWTG2 had a higher rate of walk ups and the reason EG is reporting this early is probably because evening presales are insane. 

Edited by Fish&chips
  • Astonished 6

CGV ratings start at a massive 98%. It will drop as more ratings come through but this is the best I have ever seen. 

Ratings on Naver is also the best I have ever seen for a SH movie. 

Btw for those who wanna track I got the following hourly cgv numbers

10.20 - 452k

11.20 - 463k

12.20 - 475k

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Avengers: Endgame is reported to have crossed 1m admissions already, at 11am, 4hours and 30 mins after initial release. 

Bear in mind that this figure is in all likelihood a mix of actual showtime admissions+presale numbers so it works like a projection. 

For some perspective, Jurassic World and AWTG2 reported their films crossing the 1m milestone at 5pm and 6pm respectively. My takeaway from this is that AWTG2 had a higher rate of walk ups and the reason EG is reporting this early is probably because evening presales are insane. 

1.5M admissions for OD, let’s go! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1