diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Still no CGV, however I was able to inspect element and found this hidden:

EJvtDbB.png

I believe this is age ranges of tickets purchased. For comparison here is Infinity War's FINAL ratios:gDYJ0YK.png

Not sure there's a whole lot we can gather from this, remarkably similar, though presales a little more localised around 20-39 year olds.

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Thanks @feasby007 and @pepsa and all others for all the tracking. Tomorrow begins the real fun and hopefully I will be a more active participant

Hopefully the CGV works, because it isn't so far! 

I've already got my sweeper ready though, so even if somebody misses an update, I'll have a record of them all :) 

Gonna be insane when that first number comes in.

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thanks @feasby007 and @pepsa and all others for all the tracking. Tomorrow begins the real fun and hopefully I will be a more active participant

Yeah it will be fun ! And don't beat urself up if you can't be super active. I do remember it was a lot of fun with you and feasby last year (and for Jurasic world 2)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yeah it will be fun ! And don't beat urself up if you can't be super active. I do remember it was a lot of fun with you and feasby last year (and for Jurasic world 2)

Ah yes, the joys of JW2 trying to figure out what was actually going on :P

Now we know what we're doing, and I have my sweeper so we'll never miss an update :) 

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Ah yes, the joys of JW2 trying to figure out what was actually going on :P

Now we know what we're doing, and I have my sweeper so we'll never miss an update :) 

Nice because if though I don't want to I will be sleeping the first few hours

• Like 1

Just now, pepsa said:

Nice because if though I don't want to I will be sleeping the first few hours

It'll catch every update from 9:20 am through to final 11:20 pm and then again the presales at 00:20 am. 

Essentially every space I have available in my charts on my spreadsheet :) 

Captain Marvel was the trial run, and it worked rather well. Now for the big boys game :P 

• Like 1

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Comps?

Only have one, Captain Marvel had 105k presales for OD at CGV, made 229k at CGV OD and 461k real OD. 

Obviously Endgame will be more presale heavy though.

Essentially, I'd expect a presales multiplier of anywhere from 1.3 to 1.7 based on current occupancy at a random selection of theatres. Giving OD range 1.1 to 1.45m.

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

Only have one, Captain Marvel had 105k presales for OD at CGV, made 229k at CGV OD and 461k real OD. 

Obviously Endgame will be more presale heavy though.

Essentially, I'd expect a presales multiplier of anywhere from 1.3 to 1.7 based on current occupancy at a random selection of theatres. Giving OD range 1.1 to 1.45m.

So yeah a little over 1.3m should be done ;) 

Just now, pepsa said:

So yeah a little over 1.3m should be done ;) 

Yeah probably. I mean Captain Marvel directly is saying 1.892m, which is obviously waaaaaay too high and unrealistic. But I believe pushing 1.5m could be possible.

If it hits 1.5m OD, I genuinely feel we could see all 5 days over 1m. Obviously Thursday is the one day that could ruin this.

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Wow, that lock up 1M+ opening day admissions.

I mean, I think IW (1.15m) was the floor for OD :rofl:

Whoops! Got confused with presales and OD, still IW was just shy with around 950k, so getting 1m was the easy bit :P 

Edited by feasby007

Just now, feasby007 said:

Yeah probably. I mean Captain Marvel directly is saying 1.892m, which is obviously waaaaaay too high and unrealistic. But I believe pushing 1.5m could be possible.

If it hits 1.5m OD, I genuinely feel we could see all 5 days over 1m. Obviously Thursday is the one day that could ruin this.

I have a hard time seeing Thursday over 1m but hey if Wed is 1.5m and it's EG than I believe anything is possible.

If it hit's 1.5m OD => $9.3m I do think 900k Thursday 1.1m Friday and 1.65m sat and 1.4m sun would be very likely. (Maybe I underestimated the frontloaded ness but hey 850k ps for OD thats still only 36.6% of the total at MN, in line whith other movies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

I have a hard time seeing Thursday over 1m but hey if Wed is 1.5m and it's EG than I believe anything is possible.

If it hit's 1.5m OD => $9.3m I do think 900k Thursday 1.1m Friday and 1.65m sat and 1.4m sun would be very likely. (Maybe I underestimated the frontloaded ness but hey 850k ps for OD thats still only 36.6% of the total at MN, in line whith other movies. 

I have a hard time seeing it over 1m too, but at the end of the day if EG can pull 1.5m on a weekday, then perhaps the spillover onto Thursday might just push it over. 

Is Avatar in trouble as highest HLWD here? 

I didn't think it was going to hit it, but this is just boggling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I mean, I think IW (1.15m) was the floor for OD :rofl:

Another interesting thing, presales have only dropped to 2.283M so it may not be as presale heavy on OD as you think.

My guess

7M admissions by Sunday.

Avatar could be in jeopardy!!!:ohmygod:

Edited by druv10
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

I have a hard time seeing it over 1m too, but at the end of the day if EG can pull 1.5m on a weekday, then perhaps the spillover onto Thursday might just push it over. 

Is Avatar in trouble as highest HLWD here? 

I didn't think it was going to hit it, but this is just boggling.

Well we will know on thursday if OW is over 6.4m than yeah Avatar will get a run for it's money I think. Even with 6m it should have a shot if it has a good second weekend. 

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

Another interesting thing, presales have only dropped to 2.283M so it may not be as presale heavy on OD as you think.

My guess

7M admissions by Sunday.

Currently only presales for shows up to 9:20am are included, which is not a lot :P 

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Well we will know on Thursday if OW is over 6.4m than yeah Avatar will get a run for it's money I think. Even with 6m it should have a shot if it has a good second weekend. 

Yes, especially if it has a good Labor Day increase next week too