diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

MI7 debuted with 229,435 admissions, the lowest in the franchise since MI3. Elemental took 63,657 admissions for -8% yesterday and -37% last week. Given that it had only 3,086 showings versus 4,888 yesterday (-37%) and 4,540 last Wednesday (-32%) this is a decent hold, though I would like to see the showing count go up over the weekend.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

MI7 debuted with 229,435 admissions, the lowest in the franchise since MI3. Elemental took 63,657 admissions for -8% yesterday and -37% last week. Given that it had only 3,086 showings versus 4,888 yesterday (-37%) and 4,540 last Wednesday (-32%) this is a decent hold, though I would like to see the showing count go up over the weekend.

Decreasing 8% in the face of losing 37% of shows and a big opener is more than decent.  How many shows did MI7 have? 

I'm getting an error message on the Kobiz updating daily page when I change the date. :circles:

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Decreasing 8% in the face of losing 37% of shows and a big opener is more than decent.  How many shows did MI7 have? 

9,553, 59% of all shows for the day.

Actually yeah Elemental's number is great since its per showing average was 20.64 versus 24.01 for MI7's OD. Not bad for a 5th wednesday eh?

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm getting an error message on the Kobiz updating daily page when I change the date. :circles:

You've gotta wait until 1am local time before the next days admissions start is shown, it's kinda annoying . I just look at kobis for the prior days actuals and the CGV starts at 00:20 to get a rough idea.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

CGV starts for Wednesday

MI7 - 44,000

Elemental - 7,643

Big oof for Elemental, I think that's almost a 40% drop from last week

CGV starts for Thursday

MI7 - 24,000 (-45%)

Elemental - 7,362 (-4%)

Seems like an alarming decrease for MI7. The only other movie in the franchise I can compare it to is Fallout which also debuted on a Wednesday and that movie dropped 35% on Thursday. However the caveat is Fallout debuted on Culture Day so that drop was much bigger than it would have normally been. Unless Thursday is walkup heavy this is looking like a rough start.

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son

I don't think the CGV start for MI7 is that bad, it's a tad bit worse than the CGV start of  TGM compared to it's opening CGV start. Thursday normaly start a lot lower on CGV, a lot will depend on walkups. I do expect a drop around 36% tomorrow. A drop under 30% would be very good and a sign of very good WOM. A drop under 25% would be amazing and setting up for a good second weekend drop as well. That said I am not expecting that...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Algebra said:

What was TGM's second day drop?

On 6/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, imbruglia said:

6-22 Wednesday
1. Top Gun: Maverick - 188,156 [252,860]
/ 9,157 showings

On 6/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, imbruglia said:

6-23 Thursday
1. Top Gun: Maverick - 146,028 (-22.5%) [399,076]
/ 8,717 showings

• Thanks 1