Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

4 sellouts at my theater today with maybe 1-2 more.hmmI would be shocked if this is below 30 million.hey Riczhang, yeah business has stayed solid till the late evening here...

Edited by Lordmandeep

It's a loss, but if it opens less than 30m, 300m is a loss, too.

Most reasonable people other than RFB(who's just stubborn :P ) had given up on 300m by now. My final prediction was 280m after sticking with 320 since the film was announced. You can't lump everyone who likes the idea of TASM in with iJack. ;)

lol all I can say in Canada, its doing quite well...Third busiest opening day of the year in this area..I remember last weekend the craziness with MM and Ted and they got decent sellouts in my area but it was not overwhelming.Looks like the opposite this weekend, ASM doing well here and okay there.

The domestic market seems different these days. It feels like attendance in general has gone down besides certain find (Avengers, Hunger Games)

This is why Hollywood studios won't release attendance numbers. They don't want you to know how many people are going to the movies these days. The domestic audience keeps decreasing and the studios are fighting each other for the people that do go to movies. So if a movie breaks out, it will hurt the movies around it.The Avengers doing so well hurt the chances of other studios' films making money if they were released around the same time as TA.

What is the number of tickets though?You cannot compare a comedy on 1-2 screens to a big film on 3-4 screens in terms of sellouts.Using that logic The Hangover part 2 should have broke the opening record in my area lol!!

Most reasonable people other than RFB(who's just stubborn :P ) had given up on 300m by now. My final prediction was 280m after sticking with 320 since the film was announced. You can't lump everyone who likes the idea of TASM in with iJack. ;)

280m is on the borderline of doing ok. 250m would be a failure. Come on, it's SM we're talking about, used to be an A-list SH, now we're happy to do better than Thor and CA? That's ain't right.

It does, but it is seriously ONLY in the swinging scenes. There is literally no depth outside that and that accounts for, what, ten minutes of screen time at most?

Spot on.

I think that is a huge understatement.

No, it's not. I didn't even wear the glasses in the first 25 minutes. There are a couple of nice webslinging shots and that's about it. Edited by The Dark Alfred

I was wondering will WOM be bad, if its seen to be better then Spider Man 3?

The thing is WOM doesn't have to be bad for legs to be weak. If the general consensus among casual moviegoers is "it's okay" or indifference, that's not going to convince their friends who might be on the fence to go watch a Spider-man movie in theaters for the fourth time. Edited by tonytr87