Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

No. It's not bad but it's certainly not good. 28-30 is fine when compared to current expectations, but most people would consider it a failure had they known a year ago.

many people were saying this film was unneeded and unwanted and looked like shit and would be DOA.

No, that would be a failure. Everything under 280m is a disappointment, we discussed it before the film opened. Just because it's falling to the expected range, it doesn't make it good.

270M is considered a success was BB a disappointment because that is what you are saying.
  • Like 1

No, that would be a failure. Everything under 280m is a disappointment, we discussed it before the film opened. Just because it's falling to the expected range, it doesn't make it good.

270 m is great for a divisive reboot of a steadily dying franchise and the sequel has a good chance at reversing the steady decline of Spider-man movies in the domestic market.Making the reboot a smart movie by Sony.
  • Like 1

270M is considered a success was BB a disappointment because that is what you are saying.

I don't know about Alfred, but I would consider BB a box office disappointment.

Batman franchise was dead when BB came out. So it was payback time for the franchise. I dont think Spidey is in the same universe. Last one was disliked but the franchise is definitely not dead. We can see that by the midnight numbers. BB OD/OW was mediocre/BAD.

I still think that you are all taking premature guesses about The Amazing Spider-Man's demise.

We won't know anything for sure until the weekend.

Batman franchise was dead when BB came out. So it was payback time for the franchise. I dont think Spidey is in the same universe. Last one was disliked but the franchise is definitely not dead. We can see that by the midnight numbers. BB OD/OW was mediocre/BAD.

And that's why I'm surprised of seeing schooled people box office wise even talking in numbers below $300m domestically. The run of this film is just beginning, folks. Take it easy.

Some people with predictions on the low end and some on the high end feel differently, but the majority of the posters on the board feel that $250M is a boring number which isn't a great success, but it's not a spectacular failure either. The further away you get from $250M in either direction, the further people disagree about what is a success and what is a failure. But the majority are comfortable with $250M as a tie between both sides.

Edited by The Iron Horse
  • Like 1

Just came back from my viewing of TASM. Very good movie. 8/10. Garfield is perfect as Spiderman. :)What's going on with this thread, too many pages to go through. Any numbers?

Love it that you liked mate, how packed was your theater?

Just came back from my viewing of TASM. Very good movie. 8/10. Garfield is perfect as Spiderman. :)What's going on with this thread, too many pages to go through. Any numbers?

Just came back from my viewing of TASM. Very good movie. 7.5/10. Garfield is perfect as Spiderman. :)What's going on with this thread, too many pages to go through. Any numbers?

So is it 7.5 or 8? :P