Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

The actual tracking that studios rely on had TASM making between 130-150 million.

Well all I know is the tracking we rely on (MTC/RS) had it making 50m or worse according to the rule for the weekend, and like I said the rule has worked all summer outside of TA which had a massive OW and the rule usually doesn't work for those. Edited by MovieMan89

I have to say Gray went out with a bang. His last big weekend report was for DH2. Being the stickler he is for ticket sales, he pointed out that Potter was 5th or 6th in opening weekend attendance. You rarely see this kind of analysis from Subers, even though plenty of us delve into the numbers like that on here. I loved the meltdown from the Pottheads when he did it. Facts are facts, bitches. Gray was the king of facts. Paramount knows. :lol:

• Like 4

Well all I know is the tracking we rely on (MTC/RS) had it making 50m or worse according to the rule for the weekend, and like I said the rule has worked all summer outside of TA which had a massive OW and the rule usually doesn't work for those.

Not true. One example,. RS had Snow white at low 60s while MTC had it at 43.

Not true. One example,. RS had Snow white at low 60s while MTC had it at 43.

Ha, that was the one week I was on a short vacation! So I missed that. Anyways point is it works 95% of the time. It's a rule for a reason. And of course there are always exceptions, I'm just pointing out I don't get why they would be expecting a strong surge for this weekend.

I have to say Gray went out with a bang. His last big weekend report was for DH2. Being the stickler he is for ticket sales, he pointed out that Potter was 5th or 6th in opening weekend attendance. You rarely see this kind of analysis from Subers, even though plenty of us delve into the numbers like that on here. I loved the meltdown from the Pottheads when he did it. Facts are facts, bitches. Gray was the king of facts. Paramount knows. :lol:

Brandon Gray was the man. He took no crap from studios and reported accordingly. He had a nice piece about fudge job by Paramount regarding TF2. BOM just aren't the same without him. Such a shame he's gone.
  • Like 1

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

• Like 2

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

http://boxofficemojo...?id=2601&p=.htm

Most beautiful asterisk ever. :lol:

THR says 125-140 million for Spidey and Katy Perry is on course to gross $3 million+ on Thursday.

Spider-Man, aiming to reboot the marquee franchise, opened Tuesday and has taken in a stellar $59.2 million in its first two days of play domestically. It's now expected to earn $125 million to $140 million over the course of its six-day debut and has already taken in north of $50 million overseas.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-spider-man-savages-katy-perry-345664

Dammit that's so hilarious to read it hurts. :rotfl:
  • Like 1

One of the most epic articles of all-time. This should do a movie based on the creation of the legend of Puerto Rico.
  • Like 1