Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Yeah, why did you stop posting under your Sheldon Cooper name? Was it banned?

Are you kidding me? Someone was so pathetic as you create 2 accounts to try to pump up their movie. Wow, what a loser. He must really care what we think about his precious movie.

What are you talking about? It is clearly on pace for a three-day take of $125m.That is more or less what he would say.

Really?Last I checked he was pulling for a six day opening of over 200M, which included an OD gross of over 50M.After the 7.5M midnight, he was constantly saying it would do 42.5M during the day to get that gross up to 50M. Edited by Jay Beezy

What are you talking about? It is clearly on pace for a three-day take of $125m.That is more or less what he would say.

You're missing the obligatory eulogy that comes with every ijack post. Edited by C00k13
  • Like 2

Really?Last I checked he was pulling for a six day opening of over 200M, which included an OD gross of over 50M.

I think it was sarcasm by Rallax Edited by cremino

First of all, Rth's original estimate last night was 15.8-16.8 -- so once again, he basically nailed it.

Secondly, the number is not great for Spidey, but it's completely expected. It's very similar to the TRANSFORMERS post-Fourth drop.

Thirdly, don't expect a big Friday bump at all. TRANSFORMERS jumped 18%. I'd be surprised if TASM goes above 21% -- I think the range is +16-21% today.

The "Webb is inexperienced argument" is moot since Nolan was considered inexperienced when he did BB.

Except Nolan had already made an amazing movie in Memento, which was a psychological thriller. Which actually makes him a good choice to direct BB and TDK, with 2 villains who use mind games (Raz and Joker) and a superhero that does the same (Batman).Webb made a rom com.
  • Like 1

Really?Last I checked he was pulling for a six day opening of over 200M, which included an OD gross of over 50M.After the 7.5M midnight, he was constantly saying it would do 42.5M during the day to get that gross up to 50M.

$75m + $125m = $200m 6 dayI'm implying that he wouldn't give up hope of his $200m OW.

First of all, Rth's original estimate last night was 15.8-16.8 -- so once again, he basically nailed it.

Secondly, the number is not great for Spidey, but it's completely expected. It's very similar to the TRANSFORMERS post-Fourth drop.

Thirdly, don't expect a big Friday bump at all. TRANSFORMERS jumped 18%. I'd be surprised if TASM goes above 21% -- I think the range is +16-21% today.

I don't know even movies like Harry Potter 6 and Transformers 2 jumped between 21-26% on their first Friday. One had a huge, frontloaded book audience and the other was a sequel and was supposedly getting poor WOM

• Founder / Operator

Expected drop. Almost exactly what I projected yesterday afternoon (below). I originally calculated $15.9m but rounded it up figuring that Sony would get it to the $16m somehow. :lol:

Still think it sticks to this trajectory.

http://forums.boxoff...900#entry350731

Assuming $23.4m Wednesday:

Thu: $16m (-32%)

Fri: $18.9m (+18%)

Sat: $21.4m (+13%)

Sun: $18.8m (-12%)

3-day: $59.1m

6-day: $133.5m

Edited by ShawnMR

I don't know even movies like Harry Potter 6 and Transformers 2 jumped between 21-26% on their first Friday. One had a huge, frontloaded book audience and the other was a sequel and was supposedly getting poor WOM

I'm talking about the original TRANSFORMERS.