Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Meh. People talking about epic meltdowns in this thread. I haven't seen one yet. I guess I'm just used to Baumer's and Noctis and some others over at mojo. This thread is mild.

Kayamuggi had one earlier in the morning.

Read the post above and THINK. I know that among the not so enthusiastic over TASM you are one of people that can think here. It was never said on the Deadline article that it came from the midnights, it could have come from advance sneak ups before midnight. I'm just giving Sony the benefit of the doubt here, something that people would do for other studios, but people are just a little trigger happy against both Sony and The Amazing Spider-Man here.

Jack, my thinking is just fine here. Comparing its midnight number with SM3 and Pirates 2 is a spin job, plain and simple.

Meh. People talking about epic meltdowns in this thread. I haven't seen one yet. I guess I'm just used to Baumer's and Noctis and some others over at mojo. This thread is mild.

It's because they are Mr. Exaggeration!Trust me, the 7.5 M number is higher than what they were expecting. Lol.These people didn't even make predictions. All they did was hate on this.Have they seen the film? NOT YET.

OFF TOPIC:

Found the perfect .gif for last Friday's Magic Mike dick jokes mania thread, regretfully I missed the opportunity then but just for the hell of it:

Posted Image

But actually, this could probably apply to a few people right about now :lol:

I NEED LIKES!!!

:rofl:

I'm just seeing people that are pro Spidey happy and excited with the number without overexaggerating, while "the haters" are having meltdowns while they are allowed to. Which I find amusing. :lol:

Read the post above and THINK. I know that among the not so enthusiastic over TASM you are one of people that can think here. It was never said on the Deadline article that it came from the midnights, it could have come from advance sneak ups before midnight. I'm just giving Sony the benefit of the doubt here, something that people would do for other studios, but people are just a little trigger happy against both Sony and The Amazing Spider-Man here.

Those are reported. By Sony. By the trades. There isn't anything mysterious or rumored about any of this. They also conveniently posted the wrong data for the PIRATES comparison.

I'm... just shaking my head here. You're in serious loony-land.

I'm just seeing people that are pro Spidey happy and excited with the number without overexaggerating, while "the haters" are having meltdowns while they are allowed to. Which I find amusing. :lol:

The number is fine. It's good. It's solid.What's absurd is the revisionist history on SM3.

The thing about this spin is that it doesn't make any sense. Would Sony really have come off worse if they just said that it matched Iron Man 2's midnight number, without mentioning the two others it clearly did not match?