Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Emperor's New Groove is awesome. Another favorite of mine is the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. It's kind of a tradtion for me to watch it around Halloween. Mr. Toad inspired an awesome ride at the Disneyland, it's gone at Walt Disney World. It's got a good energy to it.As for Ichabod, based on the Headless Horseman story, for something made in 1949, it's still pretty creepy.

I watched it last halloween, and its awesome. Both stories are really great

I really want to buy it, but I didn't found it yet in this Disney promotion. I also want Toy Story 2. Already bought 1 and 3...

I have just about every Disney animated film, some I haven't gotten around to yet, Tangled, PATF. And some like Home on the Range and Brother Bear, I just didn't like enough to buy.I thought of two more underrated films, Atlantis and Treasure Planet. I really liked those films and appreciated Disney trying to do something different.

Bullish box-office observers believe the reboot starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone could even earn in the low-$30 million range for the day based on early returns.

Estimates for Spider-Man's six-day opening vary, with Sony projecting a conservative debut in the $110 million to $120 million range. Based on Tuesday's business, others believe it open between $120 million and $140 million.

Thread summary:

[*]Sony got caught lying about midnights for SM3 and Pirates 2.

[*]Jack defended Sony against criticism of aforementioned lies.

[*]Thread became a warzone.

[*]Then it jumped the shark with a ton of GIF's and other off-topic crap. :D

So it's a normal day... :lol:
  • Like 1

Bullish box-office observers believe the reboot starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone could even earn in the low-$30 million range for the day based on early returns.

What's this from? I said the other day that 30m OD was the success/fail line.

Sony tried to say SM3 made the same at Midnight? Nice try... :rolleyes:The only way I'd believe that is if they owned up to LYING the first time. ;)

It gets worse. They tried to say Pirates 2 made the same at midnight as well. They tried to change the numbers of another studio's movie.

It gets worse. They tried to say Pirates 2 made the same at midnight as well. They tried to change the numbers of another studio's movie.

Are you sure it wasn't AWE?

Sony tried to say SM3 made the same at Midnight? Nice try... :rolleyes:

The only way I'd believe that is if they owned up to LYING the first time. ;)

TUESDAY 9 AM: I’ve just learned that Sony Pictures’ The Amazing Spider-Man opened with $7.5 million in midnight showings from 3,150 theaters, which is the same result as such blockbuster films as Iron Man 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean 2, and even Spider-Man 3 (playing in only 3,031 venues). “We’re right up there with big boys, giving us a great hand-off,” a Sonyexecutive tells me.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

And after that, it was transformed to this:

The Amazing Spider-Man earned an estimated $7.5 million from midnight shows last night. Among comic book movies, that's much lower than The Avengers ($18.7 million) and The Dark Knight, but about on par with Iron Man 2 ($7.5 million). Sony is also reporting that the figure is identical to Spider-Man 3's midnight haul from the first weekend of May 2007. IMAX showings at 300 locations accounted for $1.2 million, or 16 percent of the gross. (bolded by me)

Source: http://boxofficemojo...?id=3478&p=.htm

At first I thought it could've been advance screenings besides the midnight screening, because the single report that we have of 2007 never mention midnight numbers, only that Friday made $49m, leading me to believe that it could be more than the midnight screening for this $10m when it comes to the $49m, but now I think that what Nikki reported is been taken too seriously:

"Right with the big boys" IMO means that they are in the same ballpark, which isn't that wrong. But hey, let's crucify Sony in flames for the damned reboot. I was just trying to give Sony the benefit of the doubt, and out of sudden I'm defending Sony's lies.

Edited by iJackSparrow

That's OK, I'll never forgive them for having two Spider-Man origin films yet still no better than a 75% reverent adaption of it, so anything else they do or say doesn't really bother or surprise me. While I was disappointed in seeing another origin adaption, the rest of the film was damn good, and Garfield blew Maguire out of the water in a lot of ways, IMO.